Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Nymphs but no Adults, Suggestions???

(8 posts)
  1. aballen

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 21:50:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihave found thousands of nymphs in my home which has been treated about five times now. Most of them are dead from the treatment I assume, although I did catch some live nymphs on sticky traps over a month ago. Problem is, I have never seen an adult. Based on some recent findings, we think we have had these things for well over one year, but no one can find the adults producing these nymphs. If anyone has a suggestion, please respond. Where to look, etc. Everyone feels there is a nest somewhere but simply unable to locate it. We have an attic, no basement, single family dwelling, all emplty for bb treatment. All arears of the house have been treated.

2. angie

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 1 2008 8:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest pulling back some trim. Floor boards, around doors, ect as this is where I found all my nests. Except for the one on my futon. Also, are you absolutely sure they are bedbug nymphs? I know, I know..had to ask.

3. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 1 2008 11:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

aballen, You must have an independant entomologist like Harvard view your bug specimens. To me it sounds like you may be catching booklice on your glue traps, this has happened to me.

Also possible that if they are bbs they could be in the wall or floor.

4. BakedBedBugs

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 2 2008 16:52:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Or, if they have not had the opportunity to feed, they may not get the chance to molt and move on to the next lifecycle. There should logically still be adults somewhere laying eggs for you to be seeing nymphs.

Depending on where you are located and availability or treatment, thermal or vikane would be able to penetrate most any place the bugs are living.

5. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 2 2008 19:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Get confirmation from another source that these are bed bugs. Thousands of nymphs would be an extremely bad infestation and there would be hundreds of adults. To never have seen an adult is very suspicious.

The other option is that these could be mites (birds, bats, mice, rats, squirrels etc.) may be in the attic and the mites have fallen or migrated to the main house.

Sean
    Entomologist / Pest Professional

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 3 2008 0:27:12
    #

Login to Send PM

actually, aballen told us in another thread that thousands of "nymphs" were found in a tupperware type container containing flour. Sounds like another pest. Confirmation from a professional needed.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. aballen

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 3 2008 21:32:13
    #

Login to Send PM

These have been positively id'd by a certified entomologists. No mites, no nothing except bed bugs and booklice from all the moisture in my house I am not concerned about the booklice. So, Nobugsoneme Key Master, I would appreciate a little more support.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 3 2008 21:54:47
    #

Login to Send PM

aballen,
    I have responded in the other thread, which is here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/1000s-nymphs-found-in-plastic-tupperwear?replies=8#post-21464

I take exception to your reading of my position being anything other than supportive. Three entomologists have said (on the other thread) that you need the samples identified by a professional, and that is is highly unlikely to see thousands of nymphs and not one adult. For me to echo the recommendation that you get positive ID is supportive of you solving the problem.

As I said in the other thread, since you hav a certified entomologist on the case who has ID'd the bed bugs, then you probably should ask their advice on eliminating them.

I am closing this thread since there is no reason to have two simultaneous threads on the same concern.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver