Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Nymph/instar/unknown insect ID needed pleeeaase!!!

(4 posts)
  1. ihatebedbugs84

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Fri Sep 21 2018 0:06:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, for about two months I’ve been having these red rashes that itch all over my body - first diagnosed by the doctor as hives, then folliculitis, then hives again. I had a PCO come and check my apartment last month, he said there was no sign of bed bugs. I installed a passive monitor on my bed three nights ago, it has been over 72 hours, nothing on it as of yet.

A few minutes ago I had the itching I’ve been experiencing on my arm and noticed it was red. I took to examining it closely, trying to see if I could identify a puncture wound. And for the first time I feel like I have a clue regarding what might have been causing these rashes. I saw a very very tiny white-ish insect walking around on my arm, near the area that was red. I only touched and pressed it lightly, I don’t think I squished it. It was smaller than a millimeter in width I think. I would be majorly relieved if this is not a bed bug but I wonder if it could be a bed bug nymph/instar, as I’ve read their bites cause you to have similar reactions as adult bed bugs. I have taken several pictures, from no magnification to up to 8x zoomed in, but the pictures are taken with an iphone camera and the insect is so tiny, I’m afraid the pictures might not be helpful enough. But please, can any of the experts tell me if it looks like it could be a bed bug nymph or instar? If not, any idea what it might be instead and can I eliminate the possibility of bed bugs completely? I’ve barely slept these last two months, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Here are the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/B5R8KDn. My apologies for the lack of high quality.

2. dude

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 21 2018 6:02:55
    #

Login to Send PM

it is pretty blurry to ID it well. perhaps one of the experts might still be able to ID. however if you still have the bug with you, you can always show it to your local PCO to ID it for you

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 21 2018 11:59:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Does't look bed bug related.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. ihatebedbugs84

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 21 2018 13:36:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your response!!! do you have any idea what it might be or if this insect could be the source of allergies? :/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982