Nymph/Adults? Help ID please!!

(4 posts)
  1. nemosbitch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 22:22:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Found these three bugs in interceptor traps under couch. First image could be a bedbug nymph?? The other two possibly adults? They two look similar, but one got curled up on the tape.

https://imgur.com/a/tJg3Wna

Thank you!!

2. nemosbitch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 0:09:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Also: I checked a Packtite Passive Monitor under my bed and there was a small spot on it. Didn’t manage to get a picture but please let me know if this sounds consistent with bedbug feces: the single small spot did not smear when i ran my finger over it and lifted off easily without leaving a mark on the monitor. I put it back on and ran my finger over it with saliva and again it didnt smear or leave a mark on the monitor’s edge. I dont believe this is consistent with bedbug fecal presentation but want to be absolutely sure!

Thanks!

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 0:25:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Non of the bugs are bed bugs. Second are most likely woodlouse and the first a booklouse.

The spot don‘t sound like fecal but want to wait for David. It should have smeared with salvia.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 6:21:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Samples 100% not bedbugs.

The detection skirt was selected because it absorbs in a particular way. Its simply not possible to remove bedbug faecal from a detection skirt without leaving a mark, as illustrated below:

wp0_wp2f0669a6 by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that is clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82