NYMPH ID!!! PLEASE!

(8 posts)
  1. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 9:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a hole under the heater system in the system and so I put a glue board there to observe whether there is bed bug because my mother got a few bites.

There is a very very tiny bug on the glue board. It’s white a few days ago when first caught and became brown today. Please help ID whether it’s 1 instar nymph.

Thx!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158036080@N02/42371869355/in/photostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158036080@N02/43226990232/in/photostream

2. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 9:28:56
    #

Login to Send PM

My mother’s bites are shown in below pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158036080@N02/42169161775/in/dateposted/

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 14:08:47
    #

Login to Send PM

KISADIDA - 4 hours ago  » 
    There is a hole under the heater system in the system and so I put a glue board there to observe whether there is bed bug because my mother got a few bites.
    There is a very very tiny bug on the glue board. It’s white a few days ago when first caught and became brown today. Please help ID whether it’s 1 instar nymph.
    Thx!

Booklice. Your mother's skin lesions are most likely from something else.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:01:38
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 23 hours ago  » 

Thx!

Hi Lou, thank you so much for your reply! May I know why you thought my mother’s bites are more likely from other things rather than bed bug?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

KISADIDA - 24 minutes ago  » 

Thx!

Hi Lou, thank you so much for your reply! May I know why you thought my mother’s bites are more likely from other things rather than bed bug?

What I wrote is that your mother's skin lesions are from something other than the booklice.

6. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:45:34
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 18 minutes ago  » 

Thx!

What I wrote is that your mother's skin lesions are from something other than the booklice.

Thank you! Could bed bug make such pattern of bites?

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:49:26
    #

Login to Send PM

KISADIDA - 1 minute ago  » 

Thx!

There are many patterns of bites and there can be clusters because a bug might bite more than once because something goes wrong, person moves or it uses the same hole and moves the stylets up and down. Rows of bites because a few bugs can be standing on the edge of a cloth, shirt, fabric and all of them extended the proboscis forward and push the stylets in. They don't make patterns or lines of bites on purpose. Sometimes people see patterns where there are no patterns.

8. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 15:08:16
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 16 minutes ago  » 

KISADIDA - 1 minute ago  » 

Thx!

There are many patterns of bites and there can be clusters because a bug might bite more than once because something goes wrong, person moves or it uses the same hole and moves the stylets up and down. Rows of bites because a few bugs can be standing on the edge of a cloth, shirt, fabric and all of them extended the proboscis forward and push the stylets in. They don't make patterns or lines of bites on purpose. Sometimes people see patterns where there are no patterns.

Thank you! I put climbs up for bed in my mother’s bedroom. I also put monitor in closet and close to the heating system. And put some paper towel and rug in the room as you suggested. If there are no bed bug caught in one or two months, does it mean that there are low chance of bed bug considering that they are very active in summer? Thank you very much!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,176 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic