Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Nymph fecal id??? [a: not bed bug-related]

(11 posts)
  1. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 20 2015 14:36:02
    #

Login to Send PM

The fun never ends. I got a new mattress encasement and put it over the previous one because I thought previous one was infested. I saw this yellow mark today. I know its new because I put the encasement yesterday. I know fecal is black but I see in forums mentioned that nymph fecal can be yellow. Hence checking. I did the bed bug blue test which was negative for fecal but the amount is so small (negligible) I am not sure it will even detect.

Please advise

http://imgur.com/a/dtiDB

The pictures are in increasing order of zoom

Thank you experts

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 20 2015 15:55:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Mark looks to big to be a uric stain.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 20 2015 16:36:24
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Mark looks to big to be a uric stain.

Jim, Thanks for your response as always. The mark may look big because of the zoom. Here is the picture compared to a penny. Look pretty small right? Possible its uric? Thanks

http://imgur.com/ZT9a6KA

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 20 2015 17:04:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't think so. Uric stains are usually going be near the harborage, where there's plenty of fecal staining, egg deposition, and bugs. I think I have a good photo on my facebook page.

5. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 20 2015 23:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 6 hours ago  » 
    Don't think so. Uric stains are usually going be near the harborage, where there's plenty of fecal staining, egg deposition, and bugs. I think I have a good photo on my facebook page.

Jim, Thanks for the response. I dont mean to challenge you (this is just paranoia), you are the expert, but is there a reason that the nymph wont defecate uric acid on encasement near the host. I have seen all the discussions that other including you and Dr. Sorkin have had on uric acid. It seems like Dr. Sorkin says in one of the threads that uric acid is the first thing 1st instar nymphs dump before feeding. Could this be a 1st instar nymph dumping or they do it in the harborage area only after coming out of the egg?

Any other signs that this is not uric acid?

Thanks as always

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 2:17:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Not bed bug related

7. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 2:43:46
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Not bed bug related

Thanks KQ. You don't think this is ueric fecal? I just can't think what else it could be. Although I would kill for it to be not bb related

8. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 11:23:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump. Apologize about trying to headline this. But can some other experts like Dr.Sorkin content on ueric being seen outside of harborage areas. Thanks everyone.

9. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 12:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Good Lord!!

You asked for an ID ... You got it and than question again if I think its uric acid or not. PRO's don't like the back and forth or when you try to get another answer to the same question. We wouldn't answer you if we didn't know what we're talking about.

Your stain in question has nothing to do with bed bugs. It's not even close in color or substance. I see uric acid every day in the field (even more than Lou Sorkin) and know its not even a close second to what is left behind from bed bugs.

10. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 14:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 2 hours ago  » 
    Good Lord!!
    You asked for an ID ... You got it and than question again if I think its uric acid or not. PRO's don't like the back and forth or when you try to get another answer to the same question. We wouldn't answer you if we didn't know what we're talking about.
    Your stain in question has nothing to do with bed bugs. It's not even close in color or substance. I see uric acid every day in the field (even more than Lou Sorkin) and know its not even a close second to what is left behind from bed bugs.

Ok. I think I crossed the line and I apologize. But I and my wife really appreciate all the help the experts and the non-experts are providing in here. Thank you.

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 17:20:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I missed this thread. Here's a link to large sized image to demonstrate.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/1025024173/sizes/l

And also a female with some of the uric acid deposition plus fecal drop for comparison.
    Recently mated female with 3 eggs by louento.pix, on Flickr

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10