Nymph Bed Bug

(3 posts)
  1. Bugs need to GO

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 3 2016 9:19:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Can a nymph bed bug survive without food as long as a adult can or will they die in a certain amount of time? I know without feeding they can't go on to the next stage and molt.

2. vjayasha

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 3 2016 17:35:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Online it says they cannot starve/stay dormant as long as an adult. It says a few weeks or months.

Either way one of the best things I have learnt is that as long as you are sleeping in your own bed or the area where you think they are it will be hard for them to resist you and they will come towards you. They will try and try. Some things can slow them down like having monitors or spraying RAID for example but eventually they will come back and try again. This made me feel better because at least you will know and you can take care of it. A lot of people write about this as though the bugs will magically become static but that's not true. The other possibility is they will go to a neighboring unit if it's too hard to get to you which is worse because they can come back.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 3 2016 20:18:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Immature bed bugs have been reported to live as long as three months without feeding. This would be in ideal conditions for such a length of time. Most would likely die sooner but I would always use three months as a rule of thumb. There's just too many variables to suggest a definitive answer.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest