Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

NYCYN calls the Pro's, or, They've Arrived!

(5 posts)
  1. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 0:31:36
    #

Login to Send PM

It's my turn, and it sucks. I just want to know how bad this sucks.

Should I just pack up and go to the desert?

I like to think I caught them early, limited to The Kid's bedroom (mattress; behind a pic frame.) Saw maybe 3 adults and bunches of babies. Fecal stains around some or more of the rim of his mattress.

Can boogie bugs make that much of a mess in one week? (Visitor from a hotel.) Maybe they were here before.

Dog appears to be taking the brunt of it poor thing.

Landlord is being a dreary drag about it but claims they are sending in "Assured Environments" in 3 days--10+ days after initial sighting.

This is the short version.

Cheers!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 1:36:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have a photo, one of the pros could probably tell you if it could have happened in a week.

I know waiting is frustrating, but you have a reputable firm coming in three days. Help is coming.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 7:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, NYCYN. Sorry to hear you are fighting BB again. I hope we can lift your spirits.

I've seen AE people in offices where I've worked. Are they coming to inspect or to treat? Have they given you prep instructions?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 16:12:09
    #

Login to Send PM

The landlord is more stressful than the insects so far.

What the landlord didn't tell me that they were sending in AE to do prep at a cost of approx. 5K at MY expense. That is what I thought was their responding to bed bugs.

To date: No advice.

Pictures are hard to take because the kid's mattress is on a loft bed and I can't get up there due to a bad back and other issues.

Let's try this: What is POSSIBLE in one week if somebody brought in a couple of adults?

5. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 16:28:23
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi, NYCYN. Sorry to hear you are fighting BB again. I hope we can lift your spirits.
    I've seen AE people in offices where I've worked. Are they coming to inspect or to treat? Have they given you prep instructions?

According to landlord via Lawyers For Poor People*: No PCO inspection until place is prepped. Makes real sense, huh?

Assured Environments didn't respond to my What To Do query. I find this interesting because I was the one paying even tho' I didn't know that yet.

For the record this is my first KNOWN infestation.

* Urban Justice _______. (League? I will let y'all know.)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me