Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

NYC Recommendations - PCO

(5 posts)
  1. dreamofsleep

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 3 2013 15:34:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short (longer version here) We have found live bed bugs on our baseboards and walls and ceiling in one bedroom of our NYC apartment. Our landlord sent a company to inspect, but their inspector got distracted by a ladybug, I had to explain to him it was a ladybug. My grandfather was an entomologist, so this drives me crazy of course.

Today they treated, but all they did was spray the baseboards, leaving puddles of insecticide. The wood floor is full of gaps which I know are great harborage sites and they aren't going to do any crack and crevice treatment because they were "only contracted to spray." We really want a good IPM approach, but probably can't afford it.

That said, we might just have to go into debt to do it - because we're moving in a few months and I don't want to take this with us.

Does anyone have any recent experience with companies in New York that you would recommend? I searched the tags for NYC PCOs, but there's nothing recent. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

2. NOtobedbugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 3 2013 16:16:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I could be totally wrong but doesn't "Killer Queen" work in New York City? I'm sure someone here will let you know.

3. backdrop2013

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 3 2013 23:37:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out absolute death and M&M on yelp, all have great reviews!

4. dreamofsleep

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Oct 4 2013 12:18:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks backdrop2013!

Have you used either of them? Yelp turns out to be a terrible source for reliable reviews between the removal of reviews, the filtering, etc.

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Oct 5 2013 0:46:48
    #

Login to Send PM

NOtobedbugs - 1 day ago  » 
    I could be totally wrong but doesn't "Killer Queen" work in New York City? I'm sure someone here will let you know.

Thank You! "KillerQueen" AKA - Boot A Pest - works in NYC.

I agree - Yelp sucks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10