NYC bed bugs; Brooklyn

(7 posts)
  1. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 7:50:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is a link to a story http://bushwickdaily.com/bushwick/categories/guides/4829-bed-bugs-bushwick
    She went by the EPA description because I never say they are the size of apple seeds. Maybe she'll edit the online story.
    Apples and Oranges? Bed Bugs and Apple Seeds. by louento.pix, on Flickr

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 10:36:06
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been updated.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 11:03:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I like the emphasis that mosquitoes are more of an actual danger.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 11:03:45
    #

Login to Send PM

oops

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 23:29:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou!

Curious if M&M makes every resident being treated throw out their mattress and sofa, as we had heard from tenants in the past. That was an unusual approach, if true.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jul 19 2017 10:19:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, Lou!
    Curious if M&M makes every resident being treated throw out their mattress and sofa, as we had heard from tenants in the past. That was an unusual approach, if true.

I hope not. I actually didn't know who the writer was also interviewing for this piece. There were more corrections/emendations, but she said they couldn't correct or add any more. Too bad she didn't send me the proof. At least the apple seeds-sized bed bugs was removed. They replaced with a link to my picture comparison but made no mention of it in text. Hope people read the picture legend.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jul 19 2017 23:42:26
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a thread from 2008 where a forum user said M&M would only honor a guarantee if the mattress, box, and all fabric furniture were tossed out, if the resident had a bed bug problem for more than 2-3 weeks.

Now, 2008 is a long time ago! It was on their prep sheet at the time according to the poster. Who knows if it is now.

Mind you, I know someone who was told to do this recently by Terminex. I hadn't heard of them having that policy. It was not a small case so that may have been a judgment call.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto