Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

nyc 311 inspections and reporting your landlord

(3 posts)
  1. killdienow

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Apr 5 2012 21:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

hello, i live in nyc. my building has treated my apartment and inspected several times and feels all is gone. after months of fighting them every step of the way i decided to stop being mr nice guy and just call 311 to report my building and see what happens

the city is coming to inspect on saturday possibly with a sniffing dog. ill report back. but if you are in nyc and your landlord is stalling, ignoring or not sufficiently treating your apartment, just call 311! the more complaints the city has the more
    money and pressure they will put towards eradicating this issue. plus, you'll get some pressure on your building if an issue is found.

im looking forward to progress.

2. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2012 18:33:07
    #

Login to Send PM

hmmm wonder how long it takes for a response from 311, because it's going on 3 weeks for me with no response, although my landlord IS trying to do something. I'm just not sure if the PCO he uses will be able to get rid of them or not. My preparation requirement was minimal compared to some others I've seen out there, so I'm wondering if treatment is going to fail. Laundering and bagging all my clothes is not on the list (but I'm going to do it anyway, or at least put clothing and other things I don't need to use for at least a year in giant ziplocs and not open them unless I decide to Packtite them or put them in the dryer before the year or more is up).

3. bugsinbrooklyn13

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2012 23:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I reported my old landlord. I'm not sure if anything came of it. Listed apartment on registry as well. There is a form to fill out too, in the case you didn't get a disclosure of bug activity when you moved in.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982