NY Apt Move: Active Monitor in empty new apt then passive monitors once we move

(4 posts)
  1. pm11226

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 18 2013 14:11:46
    #

Login to Send PM

We're going to be moving from one NYC apartment to another NYC apartment. The lease at the new place will start 15 days before the lease at the old place is up. After reading the FAQs and threads, am I right in thinking that a sensible course of action would be to install an active monitor in the new apartment while it's still empty, then after a week or so switch to passive monitors as we move the bed and other furniture in?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 18 2013 15:34:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In a nutshell yeah that is the best approach. The only way of improving upon it as a plan is to take bedbug blue with you when you set up the active monitors to test and suspect faecal marks that you find.

I would run the active for 6 or 7 days and then asses the situation.

I have not specifically said which active and which passive but I think that is rather clear from my posting history which of the options I would suggest.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 1:36:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Our FAQ on bed bug monitors may also help if you're looking at options.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. pm11226

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 21 2013 19:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the advice. We're trying to be vigilant without going overly paranoid or spending a billion bucks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,273 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl