Nuvan strips vs packtite

(2 posts)
  1. Scaredykate

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 11:35:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I am currently getting PCO treatments for bedbugs, and they seem to be working. I have all of my books, electronics, shoes, ukulele , records, etc sealed up waiting to be treated by me. Should I do nuvan strips or a packtite or a combo of both? I don’t think I can wait the two weeks for my laptop to be nuvan striped since I use it every day, is this safe to packtite? Would my uke do okay in a packtite? Why are the pros and cons or your experiences with these solutions?
    Thanks,
    Kate

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 22 2018 7:30:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Electronics don’t usually get infested with bed bugs. This may be more likely in a very heavy infestation, and if you keep electronics in or right next to the bed.

Some people have used a Packtite for electronics, though it’s possible this may cause damage. Only your laptop manufacturer can tell you if heat is dangerous (their specs may list maximum temperature). Batteries may be especially problematic.

For something like a ukelele, you have to investigate whether what will harm the item. This may be affected by the glues and finishes used.

Records will melt. Record covers could be Packtited.

Items treated with Nuvan strips would need to be sealed somehow.

Hope this helps. You may find more information via the Useful Tools and FAQs pages.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,337 posts in 50,176 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14