Nuvan Strips in Car

(4 posts)
  1. teacherbug

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2014 18:41:06
    #

Login to Send PM

How many Nuvan Strips should I put in my car to take care of my car infestation?

2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2014 19:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi teacherbug,

I linked this in your other thread, but I'm going to link it here also because you are asking about pest strips and it's full of pest strip information.

As Daylight said, Paul Bello is the expert to answer all pest strip questions, but regarding how many . . . I think that is probably addressed in the directions on the pest strips' instructions taking into account how big the car is/how big an area you are treating.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/pest-strip-fundamentals

3. teacherbug

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2014 19:38:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I am sure you are right it will say it on the box. I am just anxiously awaiting mine via mail. Ugh...seems like forever when you are battling these bugs.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2014 21:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Firstly, thanks to our friend absolutely freaking for posting the link to the thread where much of this information was posted previously !

Dear teacher,

Please review the thread linked by abs above.

I noticed that there's a "typo" in that thread where I was trying to explain a fundamental concept pertinent to bed bug control (as well as other pests).

In this regard, a more correct comment would be:

Even if you had the world's best product, you can't kill bed bugs in the bed room by applying that product in the kitchen.

This means that it's important where you apply these products.

As for your question:
    Can you successfully treat a vehicle using ddvp containing pest strips? Yes, you can.

However, we must realize that the critical factor is that the treatment vapors are delivered to all the areas where bed bugs and eggs are located. This can be facilitated via the use of a small electric fan which may be used to create air movement during the treatment process. Such small fans are available at local retail stores. Note that you need to use a fan that plugs in to AC type current using an extension cord that is constructed flat or sufficiently thin such that the car door may be closed over the cord without issue.

Edge areas of carpet and insulation may be an issue however, such areas may be inspected and treated using a suitable residual liquid or dust insecticides.

Please advise if any additional questions or concerns.

pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie