Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Nuvan strips

(4 posts)
  1. HelpBB

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 10:25:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Do they actually work to kill bed bugs? My husband is going on a business trip in about a month. He goes on business trips 2-3 times a yr. Just wondering if we put his suitcase in a large black garbge bag with a Nuvan strip if that would work. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
    I have told him to check the hotel room but I honestly don't think he does. He does not react to bites and has the attitude they are just bugs. So I need to make sure I am very careful with his stuff when he comes home.

He is also a trail runner and brings home some very very funky clothes from his trip. Would washing in extremely hot hot water kill the bed bugs and the eggs? I have read conflicting reports on this too. I read a study that said bed bugs were killed in cold soapy water left over night but eggs were still viable but I would be washing with almost scalding water with soap. I just don't want to take any chances.

Can plastic things like toothbrush and toothpaste be put in boiling water to kill any nymphs or eggs that might be on them?

Would Nuvan strips work for his computer and what do I do with his phone?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 11:11:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing beats actual knowledge, you don't need to rely on the magic of Nuvan.
    Any new clothing brought home can be run through the dryer to kill all life cycles, no need to worry about the wash temp or soap if you just run things through the dryer upon returning.

Knowing where bed bugs are likely to prefer as a refuge beats treating everything and just guessing. Toiletries aren't even a concern for me.
    When he returns just have him put the suitcase in the bathtub until you can inspect it, eggs are really easy to spot on dark materials, and 99% of suitcases are black these days. Clothing can be run through a dryer cycle, then laundered as normal. Inspect the seams of the suitcase, the pockets, the zippers. I've found it pretty easy to spot them in suitcases and bags.
    Relying on Nuvan to do the job for you is okay until that day that you're out of Nuvan strips, it's best to just put the work in yourself, as you do it you'll become more confident, trust yourself and your skills and be thorough.

3. HelpBB

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 14:58:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your response I really do appreciate it. My husbands work out clothes that he takes with him smells very raunchy when he gets home. I am scared to put it in the dryer and have the dryer get such a funky smell. That is why I asked about the washing machine. Then I was still unsure about what to do with his computer and phone. Worried heating treating it would cause the electronics not to work but maybe they would.

Big Dummy do you like Nuvan strips? Have they worked for you? We know leave his suicase outside and go through everything out there. Wish I could get my husband to not take his computer or phone and have him start using a duffle bag that would be far easier. It would be going into the dryer with everything else. I have been fighting this fight since we got bed bugs. I have a zap a bug heat chamber hopefully it works well to.

Thanks again Big Dummy Hope you are having a great day!!!

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 19:18:54
    #

Login to Send PM

My husbands work out clothes that he takes with him smells very raunchy when he gets home. I am scared to put it in the dryer and have the dryer get such a funky smell.

The suitcase must not smell pretty either. Ugh. Can't be get his workout clothes washed the day before packing up to come home?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina