Nuvan and empty bedroom

(4 posts)
  1. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Feb 23 2016 23:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

My son will be moving out for several months, so his bedroom can be empty of human inhabitants. While we've made great progress, and still it would seem that the critters are contained in his room. We are on a very tight budget. I cannot hire a PCO, as much as I would like to. I have eradicated live ones with alcohol, cleaned nooks and crannies, used Murphy's Oil Soap and DE. The population has decreased at this point, though I'm not confident that they are completely gone.

So when my son is no longer here, I am considering doing a Nuvan strip. If we cover the air vent and seal off the door, can we safely do this? I read on another post about making Carbon Dioxide....which sounds like a winner too.

By the way his bedroom is small...maybe 12 X 15 at the most. Thanks in advance.

Donna

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 24 2016 8:14:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You should be able to find the label for nuvan strips online. I think it's one strip for one week.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. bugsInParadise

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 24 2016 9:21:30
    #

Login to Send PM

We are also battling a vacant room (actually vacant condo) scenerio, although we are staying there during the weekends to try to draw the bugs out. I have also wondered about the nuvan strips - I need to read up on them since we would use the bedroom on the weekends. We put homemade CO2 traps in yesterday and we'll see if they catch anything while we are gone. I will keep my thread posted - it's "Help getting rid of bugs in vacation rental". I'll be curious to hear how the nuvan strip works for you. Good luck!!!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 25 2016 1:53:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I would seek the advice of forum user P Bello who is knowledgeable about DDVP. You can send him a private message.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982