Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Number Two - How Do You Sleep At Night

(13 posts)
  1. BettyV4

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 28 2009 21:30:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Of all of you who responded to this post, how many of you still have the critters? I'm going to sleep in my bed tonight after being on the couch for over a week. I need to do that to work through my OCD and not let bbs have this insane power over my life. So, I'm putting lavender lotion all over; wearing flannel pants with a long sleeve shirt; sweatshirt with hood; socks on my hands and since I use a cpap my face is mostly covered and plus I don't think they like the air. We can make believe this is one huge sleep over party with a couple of uninvited nasty intruders. Am I forgetting anything?

2. bait

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 28 2009 23:30:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Windows open, night light on.

Sleeper bottoms tucked into socks and T-shirt.

DE along the sides of the bed, Ortho Home Defense sprayed on underbelly of frame.

3. bait

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 28 2009 23:31:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Alone.

4. BB_Slayer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 29 2009 16:32:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I slept with sweat pants on once, they have elastic around the ankles... and I had my t-shirt tucked into the waist; and woke up to find a bed bug crawling around on my shirt.

So rather than cover everything up and get bit on the eyelid or lip or in the ear or some other sensitive part of your body, I think the best strategy is to sleep in a t-shirt, underwear, shorts and socks. So if one sneaks up on you while you're asleep, it will bite you on the lower legs or arms, which is probably the least irritating place to be bitten.

Nymphs are so small I think they can squeeze through a zipper. You'd have to wrap yourself in duct tape from head to toe to foil them.

5. BettyV4

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 30 2009 8:40:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Duct Tape - now that's a novel idea - thanks

6. ukulelejack

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 1 2009 19:57:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I cover myself with tea-tree oil lotion, spray diluted rubbing alcohol on my face and head, wear very tight underwear (lol), and take Ativan.

7. mylifechanged

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 1 2009 21:12:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I too seem to be mildly OCD and having had my first treatment last week am finding this extremely difficult mentally. I have yet to move back to the bed, but I plan to soon because as you say BettyV4 it has to be dealt with (and bedbugs will follow you if you move your sleeping area). Bedbugs can pretty much get into your clothing unless you actually did ductape your clothes where they meet. As this seems overkill even by my standards, you have to focus more on detection then on prevention of the bites. Of course it sucks to be bit, but you need to know if they are still there and assessing bites in the AM is the best way to tell. Good luck and find some safe sleeping aids!

8. mylifechanged

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 1 2009 21:14:49
    #

Login to Send PM

bait - 2 days ago  » 
    Windows open, night light on.
    Sleeper bottoms tucked into socks and T-shirt.
    DE along the sides of the bed, Ortho Home Defense sprayed on underbelly of frame.

BAIT: Can I powder around my bed with DE? I know it's natural, but will it be a problem for the PCO as I have just received my first treatment? I would ask him but he conveniently ignores phone calls. Why aren't there better PCO's? Many posts on here lament the the quality of PCOs. You'd think we'd have more options.

9. bait

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 1 2009 21:38:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't tell you what to do. I can only tell you what I do. I would never recommend doing anything outside of what the product label describes.

The directions on the bottle of Diatect Results for bedbugs:

Treat liberally baseboards, molding, cracks, bedstead and both sides of mattress.

It also states "Hazards to Humans & Domestic Animals" "Harmful if absorbed through skin."

10. bugsonme

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu May 16 2013 9:00:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I do not yet have confirmation of what's causing my "mystery bites"

I've been sleeping on my couch because that's where I think the infestation is - my bed has been encased now and thoroughly checked and it shows no signs whatsoever so I stay away from it ... I'd love to sleep there BUT here's what I've been doing to cope....

Take ambien.

Take a bath in aveeno - they make a relief kit for itchy skin from dry skin, bug bites, etc.

Rub baby oil on me after bath.

Wear long sleeves, long pants, socks - tuck pants into socks.

Hope for the best.

I know I'm supposed to be monitoring my bites to see what's causing them, but I work in a professional environment and just started - I am trying to maintain visible bites. I still wake up with bites It baffles me, but I know they're sneaky devils. Every morning I break open a vitamin e capsule and put the oil on every bite. It helps a great deal - the quicker they heal, the less they itch me and less chance of [aother} scar....

I also do other things as far as blankets I'm using and such in my efforts to "monitor" and see if I'm getting bit or if I even have BB's ..... but they don't help me sleep.

11. bedbugphobia

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 17 2013 20:27:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BOM,

I also used sleeping pills to get rest. I was too emotionally drained by the experience that i had to use something to keep myself from going completely crazy. Its been almost 90 days clear and i'm now sleeping normally without pills.

Good luck.

12. Buglacey

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Dec 22 2017 4:33:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I would like to post a picture to see what I have. How do I do that?

13. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Dec 22 2017 23:55:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Buglacey - 19 hours ago  » 
    I would like to post a picture to see what I have. How do I do that?

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,272 posts in 50,154 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl