Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Now They're In My Bed

(7 posts)
  1. BattleoftheBug

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 12:20:51
    #

Login to Send PM

To make a long story short--was getting bites while on the couch. Got rid of the couch immediately. Isolated my bed--or so I thought-- with interceptors. That was about a month ago and never saw a single bug in them. I also put double-sided tape around the bed legs. Only caught a tiny black flying insect. The screens on my windows don't fit that well and it's been warm here lately.

The PCO came in on Thursday last and sprayed around the place. He examined my encased bed and the metal frame--saw nothing. He said it looked like I was in the clear. For the last month I have been on my bed when I'm home as there is nowhere else to sit fairly comfortably. Nothing has bitten me in the bed. The only thing I ever saw was a BB egg stuck to my vacuum. So yesterday I went out and bought a futon for the living room, something I could inspect more easily than a sofa. It won't be delivered for a week, but I felt happy I could soon use my LR again. Last night, however. I was awoken by a burning, itching feeling on my lower leg. It was really even painful and the first time this happened in a month since I was being bitten on the couch. It was really red so I put some lotion on it and went back to sleep feeling not so happy anymore. I also woke up with a huge red welt on my knee and a red spot on that leg, too. So, now they're in my bed. I'm going to take it apart and inspect it pretty soon. But I doubt I'll find anything, just like all the other posters here who only have a light infestation. Now I'm totally our of money. If the futon gets infested, I won't be able to afford another one or any other furniture. Six years ago I moved out of an infested apartment to another with hardly anything--despite repeated useless professional treatment. I managed to get rid of the bugs but I had enough funds to start over. Not this time. The same PCO comes to our building now that couldn't get rid of my bugs before. I am 70 years old and in poor health. Anyway, I thought I was incredibly lucky to be able to keep the bugs out of my bed. Forget it. People never seem to be able to prevent it.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 12:49:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. If the futon is completely wrapped up do not unwrap it or use it until the infestation is over.
    It is normal that as you are not in the living room now that the bedbugs have come to find you in the bedroom.
    As the PCO only treated on Thursday you may still just being bitten by a couple of bedbugs before they die.
    Is the PCO coming back to inspect in a couple of weeks? If you are still being bitten after a week then he will need to come back. Often 3 treatments are needed anyway.
    Have you considered how the bedbugs got into your place? Do other apartments have bedbugs? Adjoining apartments should be inspected anyway.
    Even if the PCO did not resolve the infestation before he may still sort the current one as he has 6 years more experience and the circumstances may be easier this time.
    Hope it sorts quickly do not despair

3. BattleoftheBug

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 14:09:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think anyone can ever really be sure how BBs get into their place. The thing is--I wasn't getting bitten in the bed until now and I have had interceptors under the bed casters for nearly a month. You're right, without the sofa they would come into the BR looking for me at night [according to all logic] but they would have had to climb up via the legs of the bed--all booby trapped. No BBs in the traps. So, the only other way for the bugs to have gotten into my bed is either from my person, clothing or laptop. The only usual thing that happened yesterday was that I rode in my daughter's car. I was in a few stores but I doubt I could have picked up anything there. The only time I sat down was in an electric cart in one store, as I was getting tired of walking around. I hope that my daughter's car isn't infested. I would rather fight my own bugs than have my daughter and her whole big house become a nightmare for her. Since I wrote the first post, I inspected the entire bed, took apart everything. Nada. Zip.

4. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 14:34:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have a mattress and box springs? If you do then after you search your bed and dry bedding, etc., you should put Cimexa between the mattress and box springs. You could even brush it up the sides of the box springs. Also, people put it around bed legs and aroung edges of rugs or carpets. You probably have the numbers pretty low, but you just need to kill off the last ones.

Interceptors are helpful, but not 100%.

Also, make sure your covers don't hit furniture, the floor or a wall while you're sleeping, safety pins can be a good tool for that.

5. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 14:45:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugs can drop from the ceiling to get to the bed. Check your picture frames. Of course they may not be in the bed and you just thought they were.
    Bedbugs generally do not live in cars as they like to live near their hosts. Perhaps your daughter should check her bed just in case

6. BattleoftheBug

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 20:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think anything is dropping down from the ceiling. I know my covers don't touch the floor as I use only a small comforter on a twin bed. The bed bug that could crawl up past an interceptor AND some sticky double-sided tape would be some slick dude. My only guess is that something is hiding in the metal frame, perhaps managed to squeeze in under the layers of duct tape I put over the projections on the frame that my harm my encasement over the box spring. The encasements are white and one could easily spot anything on them. But they are pristine--not even so much as a little glob of black poop. Today, when inspecting the bed, I sprayed the duct tape with alcohol, hoping to soak anything that might be concealed there. I have never had so many sores on my body as I have now--even a little raw spot on my face. Not since six years ago when I had BBs. But I saw those.

7. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 15:11:11
    #

Login to Send PM

70 year old skin can take time to heal. Hope you do not have them anymore and you are just getting a delayed reaction or you could be allergic to the products used by the PCO or even to your washing detergents

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,482 posts in 49,272 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk