Now that I've had some sleep, I have questions

(3 posts)
  1. canttakeittoogross

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 24 2017 23:53:37
    #

Login to Send PM

A bit of backstory: the first time a PCO inspected my apartment he found no signs of an infestation but sprayed anyway. I still slept in my bed and was still waking up every day with several new bites, which freaked me out to the point of making me lose sleep. I asked the lady in the office about it, and she said that since the PCO sprayed my apartment, and since my mattress and box spring were encased, all the live bugs should be dead, and I shouldn't still be getting bit. I'm not sure how true this is, but it would have been nice.

In the second inspection, another PCO found them immediately inside my bed frame, and a few on my couch as well. I'm starting to think the first guy didn't even look. Since most of the bugs were in the bed frame, which probably wasn't sprayed the first time, should I consider this my first treatment? Or at least the first treatment that mattered?

Also, my mattress and box spring are both over ten years old, and the bed frame that they're on is even older. I was already thinking of replacing them all before this whole mess happened. When will it be safe to consider throwing the mattress, box spring, and frame away? I don't want to help these nasty little things spread, and I want to do this the right way. Should I wait until I'm reasonably sure that they're gone to toss the stuff, or can I do it sooner as long as I properly bag and/or destroy everything? I would have asked the second PCO this, but he offered to spray immediately after finding the horrible things and having to leave my apartment distracted me from my questions.

One last thing: am I going to need to replace my vacuum cleaner? I read somewhere online that it can re-infest my apartment if the bugs crawl out of it. It's got a canister instead of a bag, and I just realized that I've been keeping it in my living room near the couch without a bag around it. I have since moved it to the balcony to bake in the heat. How paranoid should I be about it?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 25 2017 9:49:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

STOP.

Deep breath.

Do not proceed until you have confirmed bed bugs.

There are too many cases where people treat without confirmation and seemed to be shocked they did not solve the actually issue that they have.

Bluntly what they have done is guess and now your reality is that they will have most likely gotten it wrong.

You need to reset things, learn what to look for an to spend the time to confirm visually or the monitor correctly.

If there are no bed bug signs we can start to look at other possible causes and work on from there.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. canttakeittoogross

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 25 2017 23:31:18
    #

Login to Send PM

They're there. The second guy found them in the bed frame hiding in the screw holes and sprayed them yesterday. He also confirmed that a bug I caught was a bed bug. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172