Not sure if bed bug. Please id! [a: Drosophila or phorid fly]

(8 posts)
  1. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 18 2016 8:19:48
    #

Login to Send PM

So a little back story. We recently found out a relative of ours had bed bugs. So I had a K 9 professional come in as well as his owner was a professional. The first time he said they were only in the couch so we got rid of it. He came back two weeks later and said I had some in my entertainment stand but the dog could not zero in on it nor could he point it out. Regardless I packed all my books away in a tight garbage bag. And got rid of the entertainment stand. I vacuumed and steam cleaned the carpets. I did everything he suggested. And he said all rooms upstairs were clean. I happened to be doing my weekly check and noticed something. So I took a zoomed in photo which I will provide below. Thankso anyone for their time of helping me identify.
    https://flic.kr/p/Lo6Mba

2. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 18 2016 12:08:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Also there is no sign of bed bug life except that one bug. If it is indeed a bed bug. No smears. No bites. No fecal stains.

3. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 13:08:09
    #

Login to Send PM

4. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 13:08:56
    #

Login to Send PM

If you guys need more photos I have some! Please ID!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 13:59:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Wasn't this answered under another posting? Probably Drosophila or phorid fly that recently emerged from puparium and wings are not extended.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 14:01:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if it was answered. I am new to this and apparently not very good at posting! I just really needed an ID thank you for your time!

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 14:25:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Paranoid330 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure if it was answered. I am new to this and apparently not very good at posting! I just really needed an ID thank you for your time!

Just that I remembered the pictures and thought they were elsewhere on the bedbugger site.

8. Paranoid330

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 15:11:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I did do another post but wasnt sure what was going on. Just glad it's not a bed bug. Thank you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,228 posts in 50,143 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago