Not hard to kill, just hard to find?

(7 posts)
  1. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:03:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been doing ALOT of reading the last few weeks and it seems to me that BB aren't really that hard to kill, they're just really hard to find?

Or am I wrong? It seems that bleach will do the job? Does it have to full bleach or can it be a mix? People are saying vinegar works too? So does it? Lol. Rubbing alcohol is also on the list. Or does it have to be the big jugs of isopropanol you can get for livestock operations? Does it even work?

Has anyone actually tried any of these things and have confirmation that they work on contact?

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

91% isopropyl alcohol was my constant companion for weeks. I sprayed anything that moved... and it stopped moving instantly. It's highly desiccant- dried things out almost instantaneously, killing by dehydration.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:53:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Well we get the 99% stuff so should do the trick then? Lol. I want to spray our footwear with it rather than try and run 63 pairs of foot wear through the dryer. Lol.

Living on a fan in a place that has winter as well as gets above 90 degrees in summer with five people means that we have a TON of shoes/boots/sandals etc etc.

4. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:54:00
    #

Login to Send PM

That should read "living on a farm" lol.

5. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 11:08:14
    #

Login to Send PM

stylinmama21 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Well we get the 99% stuff so should do the trick then? Lol. I want to spray our footwear with it rather than try and run 63 pairs of foot wear through the dryer. Lol.
    Living on a fan in a place that has winter as well as gets above 90 degrees in summer with five people means that we have a TON of shoes/boots/sandals etc etc.

Yea, I'm with ya... 5 people and 4 distinct seasons makes for a ton of shoes. I put all my boots, sneakers, Toms, Keds, and closed toe sandals in a couple lines (kind of made a box out of them) and then sprinkled DE all around them. Looks like a huge bingo board of shoes with white lines. They've been sitting like that for weeks now... I don't know what else to do with them! And boot season is almost upon us.. I'm scared to put any of them on. All the kids shoes, aside from their brand new school shoes, are in a trash bag stuffed in a bin.

6. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 11:29:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you think the alcohol will wreck the shoes? Or why not spray yours and put them in bags? I honestly don't care if it wrecks the shoes. Lol. I'm so done and it's only been like 3 weeks. 😂

7. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 14:46:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Honestly, the thought to spray them hadn't crossed my mind. I had sprayed any bugs/eggs I saw to kill them on the spot, but I don't know if they're in the shoes/boots. Plus I can't get to the toe area in some of them very easily... I sprinkled DE inside them all, and then all around them all, in hopes that anything inside (if any were inside) would need to crawl across the powder to find its next meal, and in doing so, would injure itself to the point of dying in the process.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur