Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Not feeling very festive... holidays question in regards to bed bug infestations

(4 posts)
  1. BuggingOut14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2014 12:30:29
    #

Login to Send PM

We have established bed bugs and we are getting a chemical spray and dust treatment of the entire house on Saturday. We are working on doing all the prep work, have removed any linen that is not necessary, clothes we don't wear anymore, etc from the home (after washing and drying them completely and double bagging them). We are trying to de-clutter but that is very hard as every closet is full of boxes of craft and holiday stuff (my mother in law is a hoarder and it is awful she keeps EVERYTHING). Well my question is with an already cramped living space that is already hard to declutter would you decorate for the holidays or even get a Christmas tree? We are going to have a follow up inspection and treatment two weeks from saturday and decorating for Christmas isnt exactly "prep" friendly. What would you do?

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2014 15:42:44
    #

Login to Send PM

It's just me n my cat... So u cancelled the decorations this year. But if you have kids, don't traumatize them, us my opinion.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. Koebner

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2014 16:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a tree! Don't let bugs wreck your xmas.

If you're sealing up or junking your MIL's xmas decorations, decorate the tree with fresh chillis strung through the stalks, home-made popcorn garlands & holiday biscuits - bake & decorate them with the kids (If the kids are old enought to cope with needles, they can make at least some of the popcorn garlands).

Make a gingerbread house, collect fir cones & spray some of them gold, throw a bit of glitter at them while the paint is wet. Use holly, fir cones, chillis, bayleaves & rosemary to decorate the mantlepiece/bookshelves & to make table decorations. Get the kids to make paperchains. Oranges studded with cloves, like Christingles, scent the room with a festive perfume.

All this can be thrown out on or before 12th Night. You get a festive home on a very low budget, the kids get some fun Advent activities, everyone's a winner.

If you don't have the time to check your festive lights, one string of LED lights for the tree won't break the bank - they're already discounted in lots of stores.

4. Daylight

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Dec 11 2014 18:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner,

Thanks for the great holiday suggestions. Easy enough to do and lots of fun too. Good for kids and adults alike!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,661 posts in 50,010 topics over 154 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me