(7 posts)
  1. Worriedmummy

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:23:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone!

My story started 1 week ago I woke up with a few little red spots on my hand thought nothing of it! Two days later another 8/10 appeared again on my hand and a few of them we're in a line of 3! So after much googling bed bugs kept coming up! I checked the sheets mattress and so on and what do i find LOADS of little/medium black dots and marks 😥 so I studied the sheets one night and saw bug tiny light brown bug I don't know of this was a bed bug or not but I phoned environmental health who sent someone round today. He asked if I had gotten any more bites since last week which I haven't! and no one else has. He checked the bed the mattress the seams the sheets. Said the markings we're "too black" got a special light out carried on searching and pointed out the black spots we're only on the bedding/sheets not on the mattress or box? And he said the bug could of been just a normal mite/bug? He didn't actually search inside the box spring and I'm worries there in there but he said there would be evidence on the outside if they we're?

He asked if my dog slept on the bed and I said yes there and that's where the majority and black specks we're so his conclusion fleas! Flea dirt? My dog has got fleas and we're currently treating her I saw a flea jump on me the other day! But my bites are NOT flea bites?

Do you think I'm over reacting or do you think could still be bed bugs? I'm a mess!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:33:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Aside from the "special light" it sounds logical that the issue might be fleas and not bedbugs as the faecal traces would be on the frame of the bed rather than on the sheets.

If you can take and post a clear in focus image of the marks it would help confirm the ID.

The three bites in a row myth about bedbugs is just that, a myth. A long standing myth but like all myths once started its hard to clear it from the internet records.

I would advise that you read the FAQs and useful tools sections to understand how best to confirm bedbugs and then consider monitoring for further activity.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Worriedmummy

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:46:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the quick reply! These are the specks the two smudge ones I we're directly under my dog when she got up this morning! The other picture is the black specks that are loads all over my bed but NONE on my mattress or anywhere else!

Have no idea if those links will work?

4. Worriedmummy

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:52:03
    #

Login to Send PM

5. Worriedmummy

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:53:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Third time lucky!! 🙈 sorry haha! Forgot to mention that there are black specks on my floor too but the inspector put that down to makeup or fleas

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 10:56:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Does not appear to be bedbug or flea related.

I would say its more likley make up or oil based.

David

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 11:54:02
    #

Login to Send PM

My dog has got fleas and we're currently treating her I saw a flea jump on me the other day! But my bites are NOT flea bites?

If you really did see a flea, there a high chance that insects biting you are fleas since the common flea on dogs and cats will bite people just as easily. If there's no bed bugs in your home, you don't have bed bugs biting you. If neither, then problem could be related to make up or something that is getting on your skin or something that you have not yet located in the home.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls