Non-Toxic Bed Bug Control

(6 posts)
  1. RickO

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 13:49:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I have read some disparaging remarks about the use of Cryonite as a method of eliminating bedbugs. As the only pest control company in the Philadelphia area featuring Cryonite, I will say to all of you. Don't be fooled by companies who spend an hour in one one room and tell you that you problem is solved. And if you are told that you don't really have to prepare beforehand, you are getting ripped off. We just did a 1200 sq ft row home in Bristol, PA and spent 7 hours over a period of three days. One hour doing an inspection and going over the prep list with the customer, another hour after the customer had said they were ready for us (they weren't and were shown what they missed), and finally 5 hours in the home with a Cryonite machine. There are five people living in 3 bedrooms, and all were getting bit. It has been three weeks and since I have not heard from the customer, I called to ask how things were going. I am happy to report that no one has been bit nor has there been any sign of the nasty critters. Unfortunately in this business, you don't always get what you pay for. I know of one company that charges twice what we do, and spend less than half the time on site. It gives a bad name to those of us that care about what we do and are not just looking at the bottom line.

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 13:58:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Would you attribute your success to the snow or to the customer's prep and your thoroughness? Would you have had any less success with a chemical/dust treatment (but understanding that some customers may prefer or require CO2 snow)? What do you do to prevent reinfestation?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. RickO

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 14:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 54 seconds ago  » 
    Would you attribute your success to the snow or to the customer's prep and your thoroughness? Would you have had any less success with a chemical/dust treatment? What do you do to prevent reinfestation?

Excellent questions. We believe that all three elements contribute to the success. Obviously, there are other methods of treatment, but I was attracted to Cryonite because of the ability to use it safely in all situations. As a father of two and pet owner, the appeal is undeniable. The instant freezing does kill the bugs in all stages. The customer's preparation is also essential. I know a lot of us are always looking for the "quick fix" in life. We want what is convenient. However, if you are infested with bed bugs, you have to help the PCO help you. And or course thoroughness is key as well. As far as prevention is concerned, non-toxic DE applied correctly has worked very well.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 14:49:04
    #

Login to Send PM

RickO - 55 minutes ago  » 
    I have read some disparaging remarks about the use of Cryonite as a method of eliminating bedbugs.

If you are referring to comments on the forums, your best bet is to respond to the specific comments you're referring to, in the specific thread where they're made. That will get a conversation going. Speaking about "comments you have read" in an abstract way is not as helpful.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 19:05:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Rick,

One other point: please do not repost your messages on other threads (as you have done).

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 21 2010 19:55:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Rick, love your retro website. I so wish it were 1997 again.

…Sigh.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82