Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Non itchy bumps after treatment

(5 posts)
  1. kra1935

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 26 2015 16:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

A little over 5 weeks ago we realized we had bed bugs at our apartment after I started getting itchy bites all over my body. About a week after that we had our first heat treatment and things seemed to be fine for about a week after that. Then one night when I was in bed I realized my side started itching pretty badly, and still being pretty paranoid I immediately went to go check in the mirror. I found a new bite that after a few minutes turned out to be a new trail of bites. I returned to my room and turned the lights on and ended up finding a live bed bug crawling up the wall and captured it in some tape. We got a second heat treatment and it has now been about three weeks since then and I haven't seen anymore bugs (I check my room multiple times a day). I have however started noticing I have some red spots on my legs and two on my arms as well that kind of look like pimples without a head. None of them itch so I'm hoping that it's just my skin being sensitive and reacting to something else. Every time I was bitten by bed bugs they itched really badly and after the first treatment when I realized they were back I had only been in bed for about 20 minutes so those bites showed up and started itching almost immediately. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to have new bites that somehow don't itch even though previously they always itched? Like I said my skin has been sensitive since this started so I'm hoping it's just a reaction to something else. Any input is welcome.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 26 2015 23:37:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you ever have a visual verification that you had bed bugs (eg a bed bug identified by an expert)?

You could be reacting to lots of things including pesticides or dusts.

Skin reactions are really not reliable and bed bug monitors (passive or interceptor types) may help reassure you bed bugs are gone or alert you if they are not. We have a FAQ on bed bug monitors here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bugswillpass

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 4:28:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Kra1935,
    I currently have the same type of bumps on my skin. They don't itch but are in perfect lines. I thought they were some kind of hair follicle issue but the straight lines puzzled me. We have just found a bed bug and had our place treated so I am assuming that's where my strange marks came from. I was also puzzled by it as I normally react terribly to all other types of bites.
    A few things I thought I might have before we found the bug and I realised the horrible truth: Keratosis pilaris, folliculitis, contact dermatitis. Maybe you'll be 'lucky' and it's one of those.

4. kra1935

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 27 2015 10:31:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 10 hours ago  » 
    Did you ever have a visual verification that you had bed bugs (eg a bed bug identified by an expert)?
    You could be reacting to lots of things including pesticides or dusts.
    Skin reactions are really not reliable and bed bug monitors (passive or interceptor types) may help reassure you bed bugs are gone or alert you if they are not. We have a FAQ on bed bug monitors here.

Yeah the professional who treated our place found bugs before he did the first treatment and then confirmed that the bug I caught after the first treatment was also a bed bug and that's why they treated it again. The bites I got through both round of this were extremely itchy and ended up getting to a pretty large size even if I didn't itch. The marks I have now are tiny and don't itch at all and seem to be in random spots while the marks I knew were bites usually were all grouped together. I'm hoping it' just something else causing this since I haven't seen any bugs since the second treatment and whatever these marks are don't itch at all and aren't big like my bites were. I was just wondering if it's possible for these nonitchy marks to be bite even though in the past my bites have always itched .

5. scratchmyback

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Mar 17 2016 12:18:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I am having similar bites. I would love to know any updates.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82