nobody believes me

(4 posts)
  1. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 17:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

so ive been gettin bitten for 2-3 weeks. nobody thinks im competent enough to know its BED BUGS. i had them b4 in another state and i KNOW WHAT A BITE LOOKS LIKE ON MY SKIN, I KNOW WHAT ONE FEELS LIKE. I KNOW I HAVE BED BUGS. but there are SO FEW of them that i cant find them or their traces... I WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT NOW b/c i feel like by the time im seeing their poop and them everywhere it will be TOO LATE to DIY. which i MUST do seeing as im unemployed and make my money by donating plasma which ammounts to a measly $35 a week. and thats IF i donate TWICE A WEEK. which i cant do for months on end or more than once a month b/c it causes me to be weak and faint and things of the sort.

basically i feel like im just gonna have to be bb food until i can escape. The rent office we rent from will even PAY FOR THE PCO to come out here but the person thats renting the house is worried the rent place will pass the $500+ bill to her so she wont do anything about it. in fact NOBODY WILL. but by the time they are gettin bitten too, they will have over run the whole 2nd floor and be spread down in no time.

2. 2r4m

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 20:02:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you get the help you need before it does become a problem. btw thanks for being a plasma donor. I had a transfusion 6 years ago, it helped me.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 23:02:51
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedByBugsKY - 4 hours ago  » 
    there are SO FEW of them that i cant find them or their traces... I WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT NOW b/c i feel like by the time im seeing their poop and them everywhere it will be TOO LATE to DIY.

There should be a big window of time between "I inspected and can't see any fecal traces" to "so many bed bugs they're everywhere".

I say this because when you think you have bed bugs, it's understandable to start panicking. But you have to be calm and rational. If you don't have bed bugs, then treating for them won't solve your problem. For this reason it is necessary to CONFIRM the problem is bed bugs before treatment begins.

If you have bed bugs, the problem can be confirmed while there is still plenty of time to eliminate it.
    Yes, I said "if" you have. That does not mean I don't believe you.

I say "if" because I understand you have had bed bug bites in the past and feel these are the same. Even if that's true, they may have happened outside the home.

If they are bed bugs and they're in your home, they should poop every time they bite, and fairly close to where they were when they bit you -- and with some careful searching, you should be able to see some fecal traces.

It's also possible that there is another cause for the skin reaction this time around. People who've had bed bugs tell us all the time that they're not sure if a bite is from a bed bug or something else, so we know it happens. People may be bitten by mosquitos and many even react to carpet beetle hairs.

There are resources in the Comprehensive Guides section of the Resources page which can help you learn to inspect for bed bugs and to treat your home IF you must do it yourself.

However, I would strongly encourage you to try to avail yourselves of the help the landlord seems to be offering. It sounds like they're willing to pay.

A local tenants' organization may be able to tell you if they are liable to pay or if they can indeed turn around and charge the tenant later. This depends on local laws and perhaps also on the lease.

You can Google tenants' organizations in the nearest city.

For example, I found this in Louisville:

Louisville Tenants Association
    425 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd. #210
    Louisville, KY 40202
    (502) 584-1254

Office Hours: Counseling is over the phone ONLY 9:00 a.m. - NOON (Monday through Friday) and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday)
    Educational Workshops available upon request.

Purpose:The Louisville Tenant's Association is the community's only advocacy and educational organization working to reduce evictions, prevent homelessness, improve living conditions, increase understanding of tenant's rights, and foster better relations between landlords and tenants. We accomplish this through individual phone counseling, crisis intervention, public education, and support for tenant organizing.

Eligibility Criteria:
    Residents of Louisville Metro Jefferson County

Usually such a group knows the local laws pertaining to getting pests dealt with in rental properties. And they know how to get these enforced, if applicable.

Whether you get help or self-treat, you need a positive ID for bed bugs (bed bugs, cast skins, fecal stains, or eggs) before it begins.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 4 2012 16:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

2r4m - 2 days ago  » 
    I hope you get the help you need before it does become a problem. btw thanks for being a plasma donor. I had a transfusion 6 years ago, it helped me.

my pleasure im glad it did

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs