Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

No Sleep No Money and Losing My Mind.

(3 posts)
  1. noonaroona

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2016 5:31:45
    #

Login to Send PM

My name is Roonie, I'm 18 years old and I've been dealing with bedbugs in my apartment for I think a month now, though it feels like much longer. I wake up with my legs and hands covered in bites and no matter where I sleep they find me! I have tried washing and changing my sheets, leaving the window open to freeze them out, and even eating more garlic to make my blood taste bad but nothing has worked! I have no money to pay for a professional treatment and I'm feeling completely beaten down. I haven't been getting any sleep and when I do it's only about three hours before I feel them crawling on me and I wake up again and jump out of the bed. My mental state is starting to slip from the stress and lack of sleep to the point where even coworkers have pointed it out and I'm afraid of how much of a toll it will take if I don't get rid of them somehow. If anyone has any tips, I'd be really grateful! Any help is appreciated, I'm completely desperate. Thank you!

2. BBNL

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2016 5:42:27
    #

Login to Send PM

"I feel them crawling on me"

Have you actually seen them? Because our minds can make us feel like there are bugs on us when we start thinking about them.

You also say they get to you wherever you sleep. How big is your place and where have you tried sleeping? I'm not an expert but, from what I've read, unless you have a big infestation to the point that you can see bugs all over the place you shouldn't be getting bitten wherever you sleep.

As for your methods, leaving the window open will do nothing. The bugs need to be *frozen* for at least a month straight for cold to kill them. Washing your sheets in 60C or drying them in high heat for at least 30 mins will kill the bugs on the sheets, but of course won't do a thing to those not on the sheets.

It's possible that you've got something other than bb's.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2016 5:46:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

First things first I would recommend you read the FAQs and useful tools sections to understand how to confirm bed bugs visually.

Secondly and possibly most importantly you need to understand who has legal responsibility over bed bugs in your situation. If the property is rented then it is likely the landlord is responsible.

There are plenty of people out there fighting alone who have better options if they investigate.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,228 posts in 50,143 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago