no signs, painless bumps

(7 posts)
  1. ddp886

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 26 2010 19:28:24
    #

Login to Send PM

ok ill bring you up to date here. I been fretting about BB since the mid of july. I've searched my room inside out, closet as well - a few times - no signs other than carpet beetles. So I've been checking my mattress/boxspring/frame/the wall behind the bed since around the start of sept for BB and no signs to this date. Every so often (maybe once A week) get these red bumps here and there, but they are based around a hair follicle. After a day or two the hair then falls out and a small black dot it normally in the center or close to it and all of them that have appeared are as well as they do not hurt at all really. Only when I really peck at them. So my question is that If I really have had an infestation, lets say even since end of aug, shouldn't I have atleast found strong evidence by now? or atleast a bug?

2. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 26 2010 21:01:35
    #

Login to Send PM

ddp886,

If you've been fretting since mid-July and you had bed bugs since then, you'd have a BIG TIME infestation by now! They'd be everywhere, not to mention some good hard evidence on your bed sheets etc etc. I too have these weird bumps that you talk about. I just checked my calendar and I'm 173 days bed bug free today. Did we get these bumps before we became obsessed? Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to say because we were not bed bug aware before. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. If you don't mind me asking, why are you fretting? Do you have friends or family that have an infestation you've been exposed to?

3. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 26 2010 21:03:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh I just noticed you asked about from the end of August and yes, whether it be mid-July or end of August, you would have noticed something by now for sure!

4. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 26 2010 21:13:41
    #

Login to Send PM

sounds like foliculitis, which can feel and look similar to a bite, depending on the person. Get a loofah and scrub the affected areas, wear looser clothing, and wash things like jeans more frequently perhaps. You may have bedbugs, so keep an eye out for fecal matter and bugs. Keep any samples you find.

Good luck!

5. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 26 2010 23:10:53
    #

Login to Send PM

May have bed bugs or carpet beetles? After 3 months (since the end of August) the infestation would be to the point where you'd be seeing fecal and blood stains on your sheets etc. If these bumps are the only thing you have to be fretting about, I wouldn't worry too much, especially with the confirmation of carpet beetles. I am going to say that if you had bed bugs, it is impossible that you would have seen zero evidence by now other than these bumps you worry about.

6. ddp886

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Nov 27 2010 18:17:59
    #

Login to Send PM

well those carpet beetles are adventuress i can tell you, they even make it up to the box spring to munch away. I fret because I used to date this girl from a state university that has a LOT of people from over seas, which could mean bugs. Yea I was reading that they populate pretty fast ! within two months or so you have a real problem on your hands. Oh well, I'll still do a weekly check around my bed incase they do come along.

just for the note, with this huge boom in people going nuts about BB, a lot of people are finding out that they got carpet beetles, me included.

7. ddp886

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 19:53:18
    #

Login to Send PM

so i went to the doc fri and he said it did sound like a fungi skin infection. he gave me a prescription for Lotrisone Lotion, which these red mark have drastically subsided since I put it on. I have another question, do bites normally react to Lotrisone in the sense that they subside? or would it have no effect at all?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14