(6 posts)
  1. Troublewithbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 3 2017 6:18:55
    #

Login to Send PM

[b]Hi all,
    Suppose I should start at the beginning, few months back my fiance and I who both work 3rds where at home late on a night off. We were in the living room on the couch when I saw something crawling on me, it was small in size and when I killed it there was just blood afterwards. My fiance was convinced it was a bed bug so we checked the couch, mattress (foam, looked for dark spots) and box spring. Nothing absolutely nothing, checked the baseboard heaters in the apartment and no sign there either. Since then we have found a bug here and there, just randomly crawling along the wall or ceiling, sometimes 1 most of the time 2 close in proximity to each other but never 3 or more. However there is still no sign of an infestation all these months later. Are these bed bugs or is it something else. Also we have not had any problems with bites, not sure if it's because we work 3rds and they can't feed? Aren't they nocturnal? Not sure if they could be coming from the apartment down stairs, but I'm sure there would still be a sign of them in my home. They have all been a rather small size, light brown with a dark center. My mother tells me that we wouldn't be able to see them just crawling on the wall with our naked eye. I really need some options here, I would rather not treat my entire apartment with chemicals without knowing for sure what it is.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 4 2017 6:05:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Your mother is wrong. You can see bed bugs. You need to take pictures of the bugs you're seeing and post them here to see if they are bed bugs. Capture ones that you see. Or even just take pictures of the ones on the wall or etc. Then you can make a plan and work through it. Until then you may be spreading them to people you care about.

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 4 2017 11:05:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure by your description if those are bed bugs. Could be carpet beetles. That you both aren't reacting to bites would be a strange but after this times there would be signs and they would be biting you.

Best you post pictures of the suspicious bugs to get clarity.

4. Troublewithbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 4 2017 12:47:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both, I'll try and get a picture. They show up so randomly.

5. Troublewithbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jul 5 2017 6:41:30
    #

Login to Send PM

How can I upload a photo?

6. Jaywasane

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jul 5 2017 12:28:07
    #

Login to Send PM

To find instructions for posting a picture. Goto resources link them scroll down to Get a suspected bed bug sample identified. You will find instructions there. I use a separate flickr account(for this only) with an email that is NOT used for my personal/work stuff. Anonymity can be important.
    Up to you if you would start a new thread with post. Maybe quicker to get someone to look at it.

Not a Pro I just spend to much time researching BB's.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,272 posts in 50,154 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl