Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

No signs but new bites, another treatment needed? Am I losing my mind?

(7 posts)
  1. disgustedandsad

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 10:19:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so frustrated! I thought I was free for Christmas! I received 2 treatments from a PCO (building hired) and was told after 2 weeks to put everything back as we should not see them again. Since the treatments I found 3 dead in our climbups (the outer well) which I assume is normal. The mattress and boxspring are encased and we found no new cast skins or fecal or bugs but we decided to wait an extra week to be safe. Week 3 comes and goes with no bites. The day we decided to put everything back I woke up with what looks like a bite on my wrist and another on the palm of my hand. We checked the mattress and drawers and everything again and found nothing. Plan to tell the landlord, will we need another treatment? I am hoping the bites turn out to be something else!
    Just an aside, when we first found out we had them we only found 2 or 3 live bugs and a few cast skins on the bedskirt. The infestation is in the boxspring so we did not see major fecal (one or two dots on the side of the mattress that’s it) or hardly any cast skins to begin with so I fear we can easily miss them.

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 10:57:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

I'm wondering about how your apartment is set up because I'm wondering if they migrated. And what about your furniture? Treated? Climb ups?

They treated your bed frame too?

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. WhatBugs

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 11:59:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You may be getting bit through the mattress encasement. I have been. Not knowing what we now know, we encased the mattress immediately, no vacuuming up the bugs or such.

So there are a bunch of them running around in there...

WhatBugs?

4. Freaked Fighter

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 12:19:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I was in the same situation as WhatBugs at first. I bought a vinyl boxspring encasement and got bit through the encasement a couple nights before I figured out what was happening. I got a Safe Rest Mattress encasement for the box and haven't been BB bit since. I do have fleas, though, and freak every time one of them get me. Last night was bad because I had just put my dog and cat's spot treatments on and the fleas were getting that last bite. My flea bites and BB bites look different. Do your bites look the same? If so, I would make sure you have a good encasement on. Also, Robinsmom's thought on migration is another possibility. Do you have adjoining units? Just my two cents, I'm definitely no expert.

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  5. disgustedandsad

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 12:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

HI thank you all for the feedback.
    Encasements - I did put them on right away before vacuuming (a mistake I know but we killed the ones we saw before putting it on). The boxspring is double encased and the mattress is single encased with a mite cover on top and sheets. Can they bite through all that?

Apartment- We live in a 2 bedroom apartment. Only our master bedroom was infested very mildly. The Master bedroom is in the middle of the unit and the adjoining walls lead to our living room and second bedroom. Could they be coming up from the floor?

Bites – they are a little different but when I first started getting bitten my bites tended to react differently each time so it is difficult for me to day what it is for certain.

The bedframe was treated, we can still see the residual.

Thanks!!! I feel like I am going crazy!!!

6. Freaked Fighter

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 13:35:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Believe me, I know that feeling well. It tends to make us do irrational things. I did all kinds of stupid stuff before I got educated, even after :oops:. Thank goodness for this site! Try to stay calm, I know it's hard, and try to not let these buggers consume you. I made the mistake of thinking of nothing but BBs 99 percent of my waking hours and then had some horrible nightmares when I could sleep. I thought it would never end and got so depressed I lost 25 lbs in 2 months. What a diet! My doctor even prescribed anti-depressents, that I never took. I'm slowly coming back and you will too. There is an end to this nightmare and you will get there! Remember we are all here for you and don't be afraid to post just to vent. PM me anytime if you would prefer that as well. Good luck and keep remembering there is an end to this!
    Freaked

7. disgustedandsad

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 23 2014 9:42:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Freaked! I hope things are going well for you! The PCO is coming to inspect on the 30th and I am going away for a few days over Christmas..I will try not to think about it until then. Hopefully they find nothing or if they do find something it is very minimal as we have gone through 2 treatments already.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie