No one will heat treat?

(3 posts)
  1. bedbuggedinAR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 21:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Where I am located (in Arkansas in the USA) I cannot find a company that will heat treat my belongings in a moving truck or van. I had one company willing to do a "heat chamber" and were going to charge me about $700 USD... but they were going to have to order the thing and it was going to take a few more weeks than I have. Why is no one willing to do something that apparently seems to work so well? Are they just trying to take advantage of me? they want us to wait until we basically infest our new home and then come treat our home becuase it's way larger and they can get thousands more.. 😤

Also, we had our poison spray treatment in our apartment last Thursday. I am finding one fresh baby (still yellow) on the wall corner every day, slow and dying, and then usually at least one red nymph/night. Bug bites have slowed almost to stop (husband is very sensitive to them) and I can't ever tell if I'm being bitten because I am not really bothered by them. PCO says it is normal to continue seeing activity after one treatment and will be back two weeks from first treatment. Is this normal?

Still zero evidence of anything in our daughter's room. No bites, no feces, no bugs or cast skins. Could they possibly have not spread? We have disinfected/heat treated/ and bagged everything from our room. It's literally JUST a mattress on the floor where we sleep every night. In the morning, I strip and bag clothes, bag quilt and pillows and launder them. Is it possible we have not spread them and could escape bug free? I would love to keep her metal bed frame.. we have climb up interceptors around the legs and so far, nothing. Any advice on cleaning a metal bed?

I am consumed by this. I have been so obsessed with cleaning, heating, and sanitizing. We have slowly moved what we can to ziplock bags in our cars after steaming/heat treating.... but I can't sleep. I barely eat... I am just completely consumed with fighting bed bugs and keeping them from our new home 😩

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 22:15:56
    #

Login to Send PM

The metal bed...

I've got one. I vacuumed the mattress and boxspring, sprinkled DE, then put them in encasements. When the metal was bare, I sprayed 91% isopropyl alcohol on it to the point where it was dripping- completely and totally doused it. After a few minutes, I wiped it dry, throwing away any paper towels used in a plastic grocery bag, then Lysol wiped the entire thing. I tossed them in the plastic grocery bag, tied it tight, and took it directly to the outside bins. Once that dried, I put the box spring back on, and used cloth tape (like silk medical tape) on the corners where the metal could possibly rip the encasement, put the mattress on top, and continue to wash the bed sheets every other day, taking care to at least put them in the dryer on high when I don't completely wash them. I couldn't afford climb ups, so I put a healthy covering of Vaseline on all the legs (I was desperate to do something- I don't know if that's an actual solution). Since then, I've only received a handful of bites, and I don't know if they happened in bed or during other parts of the day while cleaning.

There may be a more effective way, but I couldn't afford the chemical stuff, and needed to stay within my budget, and so far *knock on wood* it's helped. Good luck to you!

3. bedbuggedinAR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 23:02:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!! I will do whatever I can!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82