No No No No No!!!!

(3 posts)
  1. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 8 2017 23:08:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Last February(2016) we found bb in son's room. We followed protocol and had success. We did not have a huge infestation. Mostly contained to his room.

After we were pretty sure they were irradiated, I would get bit from time to time. Not even sure it was bb. Eventually found a few stragglers in my bed. Treated my room successfully. I think I found 3. No eggs. After they were gone I had no more bites. It has been 6 months since anyone has gotten a bite in my house.

Son has been away at camp for a week. Just returned home. Tonight I found an adult BB on his bed. It had just fed. ( my son has type one diabetes so I often check his blood sugar in the middle of the night.) I did a quick scan and could find no fecal or any signs of bedbugs or skins in the place. Will check further tomorrow.

The good thing is that I washed everything he brought home from camp today hot water and length in time and dryer. Not really as a precaution for bedbugs just because I wanted to get it all done. What I did not wash was his pillow, stupid me, I just threw it on his bed. I was not even thinking about the possibility of bedbugs from camp.

Tomorrow we will take apart his bed and check to see if there are signs. I don't know that I can live through this again. I am panicked.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 9 2017 7:00:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. But maybe you caught it really early. You're starting out with more knowledge and experience. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it, it's hard, but maybe if you just see it as a process like painting a room, it's time consuming and hard, but when you get through you'll have a comfortable home again.

3. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 9 2017 11:33:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Dismantled son's bed. (Platform bed). He has drawers under. No new signs of any bugs at all. No skins or fecal. Nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed it was one lone hitchhiker from camp.

Also keeping my eyes open. Will continue to monitor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,690 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur