No idea what is biting me

(6 posts)
  1. Eli4s

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 15:03:00
    #

Login to Send PM

So my story starts about two months ago. I started waking up with bites on my upper thighs, always only on my upper thighs and a couple behind my knees. I would notice them always when I woke up. I was the only one out of myself, my wife and kids who cosleeps who got bitten. One morning I woke up and saw a few bites but I had two right on my penis. Looking online they look like both bed bug and flea bites. I tried the best I could to inspect my bed, nearby furniture and the like and found nothing.
    I hired a bed bug dog inspection company who came in and gave me a negative, saying the dog didn't even alert to anything, and he suggested it was fleas. The thing is, we don't have pets and have been in our house for four years now. Almost immediately after having him come out, the bites stopped.
    That is until about 4 weeks ago. Again in the morning I noticed two bites on my side. Then about four days later, I got 4 bites on my hamstring: three in almost a line and one a bit lower. They seemed to be in line with the edge of my briefs (I wear that and tshirt to bed).
    Now recently I was in my son's room putting him to bed, about five days later. He was having a rough night so I lied down in his bed with him for about an hour. I was wearing a tshirt and jeans and socks. I got up and felt something itchy, went downstairs, took off my jeans and saw SEVEN bites all in a cluster on my other hamstring, again like at the edge of my briefs. I tried again this time, looking all over his bed and couldn't find anything. The next night, I was lying with him again for about an hour (these are all at about 8-9pm) and felt something itchy and found one bite near my crotch. In the morning, I found one bite near my knee and I'm not sure if I got that last night with him or over night on my bed. My family has not been bien to my knowledge except a few days ago I saw a bite on my son's shoulder that went away within hours.
    Yesterday I got some cheap sticky traps and some Orco beef bug pheromones traps and put them under our beds.
    I have anxiety about this stuff and since I can't find anything, I'm going crazy about it is fleas, bed bugs or something else.

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 6:15:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if those are flea or bed bug bites. Four weeks no bites is not bed bug behavior and I think not flea behavior, too. They don't hide after a inspection.

The places (groin, penis) are quite strange. I would check a doctors office firest. Maybe there is another cause.

Maybe you can post a picture. Please not of the ones on the penis.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 7:48:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing in your story sounds like bed bugs or fleas. With those locations it might be a skin reaction and not a bite at all.

4. Eli4s

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 16:42:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 10 hours ago  » 
    I'm not sure if those are flea or bed bug bites. Four weeks no bites is not bed bug behavior and I think not flea behavior, too. They don't hide after a inspection.
    The places (groin, penis) are quite strange. I would check a doctors office firest. Maybe there is another cause.
    Maybe you can post a picture. Please not of the ones on the penis.

haha don't worry I wont

http://imgur.com/a/uVvfrHj
    This is two bites a got a few weeks ago on my side

http://imgur.com/a/l3UD6jv
    About 5 days later, I got these four bites on my left hamstring

http://imgur.com/a/FK226nJ
    Four days later I got these 7 bites lying on my son's bed

http://imgur.com/a/L4ikhyT
    The next day I got two bites, this one above my knee. This one got better but then it started to really itch later in day and its even oozing a tiny bit

I didn't get any new bites last night

5. aurorajain193@gmail.com

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 5:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

It can be due to a skin reaction and not a bite by flea or bed bug.

6. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 5:54:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I think those are skin reactions, too. I rule out fleas and bb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82