No hard evidence found

(3 posts)
  1. strugglebuggle

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 10:15:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, so for the past 3 months (around late October 2018) I started to wake up with random bite marks on my arms that look similar to some images of bed bug bites. I freaked out and looked for fecal stains and any kind of hard evidence I could find and found nothing. Around that time I found this forum and read through the FAQs a few times and quickly realized that bites can really be just about anything so I should calm down and just monitor. So I kept an eye out and still was not seeing any evidence of bbs (fecal stains, castings, blood marks, even the damn things themselves). The only evidence found was on December 13 at like 3am while I was writing a last minute chem paper when I noticed new marks on my shoulder and found what appeared to be a nymph bb. I will not lie, what followed was definitely not my best moment and to make a long story short, I killed the SOB. It had popped and there is still a red spot on my bed skirt to mark the night of my battle. Wished I hadn’t right after as that would’ve told me if it was really a bb. Since then I’ve placed passive monitors, have nothing at all on my floor, and haven’t found any sort of evidence sense then. Yet, in still getting bit by something. After about 3 months I should be able to find more evidence than one nymph (maybe, I was mildly sleep deprived) on a bedskirt right?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 11:20:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Red splotch after squishing an insect does not have to be blood related at all.
    No evidence after three months, focus on another cause. Bed bugs should be noticed with even a basic inspection with that amount of time.

3. strugglebuggle

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 13:05:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response! I was hoping that with 3 months of not finding any evidence like dead bugs, fecal or castings then it probably wasn’t bed bugs. I’ll start looking more into some other causes

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

289,775 posts in 48,424 topics over 150 months by 21,317 of 21,693 members. Latest: Dingo50, annastl, jeezlouise