no bugs seen/found, 1 week of multiple bites

(9 posts)
  1. eaten alive

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 9:24:32
    #

Login to Send PM

So it's been about a week now since I woke up with multiple bites all over my legs. since then I have freaked out a bit(a lot). This is been aggravating my mental health greatly.

I have: vacuumed repeatedly. bagged my mattress (futon), cleaned and dried my blankets and linens 3, times, including 32 minutes in the dryer on high. Please note I have to do this at the laundry mat, so getting a little costly. Put DE down on the carpet, along the wall, etc. put the cup things on the legs of the bed/couch. Moved it away from the wall, etc. Nothing touches the wall or floor. My bed/couch is an island. Steamed the frame, carpet and everything surrounding 3 times so far. Last night, with clean clothes and bedding, neck to toe with lemon/eucalyptus bug spray. lavender essential oil on my pillows and edge of bed.

Woke up to just as many, maybe, maybe a bit fewer. . These are appearing on my arms(which I kind of understand as they weren't covered) but also under my clothes. Not just on my calves where it\s loosest, but up to the thighs and abdomen. The bites are getting progressively worse with the welts and itching.

Not sure if I am losing it, need to wait a bit longer for it to clear up or what. I can't really afford to call in a professional exterminator, especially if it's going to take multiple treatments.

Any help, feedback appreciated.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 11:18:52
    #

Login to Send PM

With the frequency and amount of skin irritations if it were bed bugs there should probably be a fair amount of evidence on your bed. Check the seams at the piping on your mattress, look under the tag too. Check the frame where the box spring sits as well as the box spring itself under the dust cover.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. eaten alive

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 12:29:52
    #

Login to Send PM

It is a futon mattress and I checked all the seams, vacuumed it and it is now encased in a cover. I am not finding any debris at all anywhere and no bugs in the bed bug traps.

This is kind of why I am so confused, lol.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 12:49:45
    #

Login to Send PM

When you steamed the frame you found no live bed bugs or cast skins?

5. eaten alive

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 14:08:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Nope I even did my best to check the vacuum debris when I dumped it in the trash.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 14:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Any pets?

7. eaten alive

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 14:32:59
    #

Login to Send PM

2 cats. No fleas though and these aren't flea bites. Had that infestation years ago, shudder, would remember those.

8. Pleasehelp123456789

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 16:07:56
    #

Login to Send PM

9. eaten alive

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 15 2018 10:41:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to thank everyone who read and responded. No bedbugs. Just a really bad worsening allergic reaction. Saw a doctor who confirmed no bed bug bits. I just panicked due to a potential exposure.

I will recommend to all who find themselves in similar, potential bites but no physical evidence, to make sure by seeing a doctor for confirmation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,694 posts in 44,823 topics over 137 months by 19,675 of 20,380 members. Latest: fish77, Chevycolt15, bedbugbugs