Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Nightmares..... what If, and are they REALLY GONE?

(6 posts)
  1. Blackheart

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 7:07:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I heard somewhere bed bugs cannot cause PTSD, but I have some kind of mental issue, call it what you will!

Have been free of the little fockers for a few months but be damned if I can stop having nightmares of these monsters and also cannot sit on my couch that I used to adore, so I guess my question is this.... how to overcome fear, and how do you ever feel safe again, maybe that sounds simple, but to me these are HUGE looming questions, probably I need a shrink right?

Sam
    x

2. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 9:19:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I do believe they can cause PTSD, whomever said they cant simply has never had them. I hate going in my sons room and since im convinced my daughter got bit in her room a few weeks ago , i avoid her room. she sleeps with me and i have her clothes in my room. UGH i know i have to go there .... i just cant bring myself to. I know i never will feel safe even after they are gone. Is it a bad thing? in some ways yes the paranoia never leaves BUT i will never again have an infestation because of it. I will forever look at every piece of lint and every piece of furniture that i want to buy will be examined for crevices that could be potential harborage areas. my friends keep saying but they are just bugs and you will get over it and i just tell them you will NEVER understand until you have experienced it . Try sitting on your couch for 5 min a day have a coffee there . In your mind it will always be there what happened but you cant let the blood suckers win! If you sit on your couch today i will enter my daughters room to steam it and vacuum it

3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 9:27:50
    #

Login to Send PM

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I understand the hellish experience that bed bugs may be for some people and also see how many people treat and move on. I have also seen human trauma which is of a generally more accepted traumatic experience nature. If you feel that this BB issue has you stuck don't categorize or diagnose yourself with a bunch of letters but rather seek professional assistance in helping you cope. Best wishes.

4. Blackheart

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 9:35:33
    #

Login to Send PM

arianacassie - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I do believe they can cause PTSD, whomever said they cant simply has never had them. I hate going in my sons room and since im convinced my daughter got bit in her room a few weeks ago , i avoid her room. she sleeps with me and i have her clothes in my room. UGH i know i have to go there .... i just cant bring myself to. I know i never will feel safe even after they are gone. Is it a bad thing? in some ways yes the paranoia never leaves BUT i will never again have an infestation because of it. I will forever look at every piece of lint and every piece of furniture that i want to buy will be examined for crevices that could be potential harborage areas. my friends keep saying but they are just bugs and you will get over it and i just tell them you will NEVER understand until you have experienced it . Try sitting on your couch for 5 min a day have a coffee there . In your mind it will always be there what happened but you cant let the blood suckers win! If you sit on your couch today i will enter my daughters room to steam it and vacuum it

Hey Ariana and Buggy, thanks for your input, yeah I just want my life back to normal, but shit it still lingers after I haven't seen any lately.

Ariana, you said what I feel, I have NO bugs but now hate my sofa and wanna toss it totally, I guess you can relate!

I guess time is the healing thing, (hey let's hope anyway right?)

xx

Sam

5. Blackheart

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 9:48:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston, this stuff has me totally so afraid of everything (and yeah I mean everything) I'm afraid of people in close contact on the subway and yes.... even friends (seems this problem originated with my ex-boyfriend) I pretty much wanna slap everyone who gets close to me... yeah I guess a shrink might be the way to go (but maybe it's not a crazy way to feel) I guess I just don't trust people anymore, sad state of affairs, I know....

6. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2013 11:07:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Sam - I think I remember that argument about PTSD, but I think it circled around the definition of PTSD. From what I remember some folks weren't arguing that BBs don't cause extreme stress and anxiety, but they were arguing that a PTSD diagnosis was not correct. I'm not a psychiatrist, so I can't chime in on the argument.

As for how you are feeling, I can tell you that my passive monitors give me extreme sense of security. I can't remember if you got any or not. Also, my doctor prescribed Celexa for me during the height of my stress. It helped tremendously. And lastly, by all means go see a therapist. There's no shame in that, and a competent therapist should be able to help you by teaching you coping skills.

Hang in there sista, never lose your awesome sense of humor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316