Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Nightmare continues

(3 posts)
  1. jacksonsi

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 23:11:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Omg. I don’t even know where to begin. 2 years ago my nightmare with these bedbugs began. I have spent thousands of dollars and have been given the all clear by dogs and pros. Last June I had a heat treatment and began to go back to living a normal life. I was still getting bites but pushed it aside because I couldn’t find evidence. Every couple of months I would get the dog here just for peace of mind. But the burning bites and rashes would still appear. They are very specific to my reaction to bed bug bites. Fast forward to this pass Friday. My 76 year old father stopped by my house to talk to me. He informs me that 3 weeks ago he found bed bugs in his apartment and that he was afraid to tell me because of my reaction to bedbugs in general. I lost my mind when I had them and I still haven’t recovered. He knows that. So for the last 3 weeks he has been handling this in secret and had informed his rental office. They were heat treating his apartment that day so he thought it would be ok to tell me. I offered to help him the next day. Here is where I am going to just freak out as I type this. It wasn’t just a couple of bed bugs . My poor Dad had an all out infestation. He lives in a small one bedroom apartment and every room and every space had bed bugs!!! Everywhere! On a scale of 1-10...an 11. I am not exaggerating. Not only were they everywhere but the heat treatment failed. There were still live bedbugs the next day. Omg. How ? When I was going through my bed bug drama I asked him if I could check his place. He said no. I just assumed he would know to check himself.But how can someone have that many, everywhere and not know? When I say everywhere please hear me. I had a bucket of bleach water, and every surface I wiped from the bedroom to the kitchen and bathroom had bugs on every surface! I am losing my ever loving mind. The kicker? My a Dad is not overly concerned. He just feels inconvenienced. He thinks they are like having roaches and doesn’t see the big deal. And I am just crazy about bedbugs! Omg...I am crazy about them and this is really throwing me over the edge. I spoke with the rental office this morning and they are going to heat again. After I had to convince them to please don’t spray chemicals. My Dad is also recovering from stage 4 lung cancer so heat is all they can do. Thank you for listening. I am just losing it

2. lalmaroad

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 8:03:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my goodness!! The horror for you! I take it your Dad doesn't react to bites? Although at that stage in an infestation I would think he would. What I have gathered from this forum that along with heat treatment you have to deep clean for week's. Vacuuming, scrubbing and steaming cracks and crevices if your Dad can't do chemical. Declutter like there is no tomorrow and look into the packtite heater to do belongings that you can't run through the dryer.I am sure you already know all the info. Fortunately for your Dad you do know what to do since you have already delt with this. I am so sorry you both are going through this.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  3. lalmaroad

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 8:05:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Also,would murphys oil wood soap be a safer and effective alternative than bleach?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus