Newly discovered bed bugs [clearer images needed]

(14 posts)
  1. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 22:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I'm writing because I'm at my wits end. I have them in my room and living room. I bombed with hotshot and sprayed every corner. We bought an encasement and I figured my son wouldn't get bit. It's like there jumping like crazy on the bed. As we speak it's night and my son is getting bit up again. He's already has bites all over. I took everything out and wash and dried everything. They are still here! I'm stunned the bomb did nothing.

2. damnbb

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 22:59:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Bombs don't work, if anything they make it worse.
    Is there anyway you can get professional treatment? If not there's a place on this website that tells you what to do and what not to do when fighting off bed bugs.

In the mean time, you can get bed bug interceptors and pull the beds away from the walls. Place your clothes in plastic bags.

3. BugsUpInFlames

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 23:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

You sure they are bed bugs? Bed bugs don't "jump". They hide, and usually hide very well until they need to feed.

Don't use bug bombs or foggers. They don't work with bed bugs because they can't reach where bed bugs hide. They make the situation worse, because they force bed bugs to scatter to other areas of the house and thus drive up your treatment costs by thousands of dollars.

Dry your fabrics on high heat and then seal them away in tightly secured bags until you are sure that your problem is eradicated. Change your clothes and seal them away before you leave the house.

Don't sleep on the couch or somewhere else to avoid them. They can and will follow you, and that will spread the problem. Stick to your bed only.

Encasements trap the bugs that are in the box spring and mattress. They cannot trap what is not in there, though. Bugs outside the bed, obviously, will still try and come at you.

A vacuum is a good friend. Be sure to remove the bag after every use and seal it, then discard it outside.

Stop, take a deep breath, relax, and plan a clear strategy instead of going off in a panic. That is usually what elevates a problem to a serious PCO status. First, get the experts on here to verify what you have...get a picture of suspected fecal stains, molts, and the bugs themselves if you possibly can.

There are excellent strategy guides on here as well that will help you plan your next moves. Being careful, thorough, and systematic in your approach, whether you involve a PCO or DIY, is the key to winning over bed bugs. However, if your infestation is out of hand, please, leave it to the experts. Also, don't go around buying weird poisons under-the-table that only a professional should use. In the wrong hands, that is a disaster, or could even be deadly, not to mention illegal.

Formerly BeenBuggedMidoriBird
  4. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2016 14:43:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank You for the reply. I feel like there flying around because I can feel the bites like stingers. I did see one but I put alchohol on it and it changed to a black round thing. My house is infested because I have that smell in my room mostly. I encased the bed and didn't realize they climb the legs of the bed. I called and exterminator and was informed they don't do mobile homes.???? I can't believe it.

For a start I've been reading other peoples stories and I been putting everything in the dryer and starting to put clothes in plastic bags. Tonite I wan' t to do something to the legs of the bed. I can't bare to go to bed to be bit up. My son has an alergic reaction to the bites. I plan on calling a few more exterminators. Can bedbugs be exterminated without an exterminator?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2016 16:39:36
    #

Login to Send PM

You can use lint roller tape to collect from various surfaces. You can post pictures of the bed bugs you find.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/how-do-i-get-a-bug-photo-identified-how-do-i-upload-a-photo-of-my-bug
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2016 20:01:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I will use the lint roller and upload tomorrow. Thanks for all you help.

7. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 24 2016 14:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

8. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 24 2016 14:17:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It's probably not the best picture. I was sitting on my couch and caught out of the corner of my eye moving in the corner of the cushion. I wacked it , it would not sit still.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 24 2016 14:51:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember those weird posters from the 80's, if you stared at them long enough you'd see a ship or something?

10. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 24 2016 16:01:40
    #

Login to Send PM

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 0:33:12
    #

Login to Send PM

The first image, I can't make anything of that. The second set is really blurry. There are some tips in the "how to post a photo" FAQ on getting a clear image, which may help.

It's definitely worth getting the expert ID, because otherwise, you don't know what you're trying to treat.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 5:06:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Practice taking pictures of small objects. Nothing here really looks like it's bed bug related.

13. slinkybinx

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 22:37:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I wall post a better pic. I am writing to say the bites on my arms are huge. I have an allergic reaction. Over 20 bites on one arm in a straight line down my arm. Both arms. We are getting am exterminator on Monday. I want to thank everyone for the help. You have all helped me a lot. I have knowledge thanks to all of you. ?

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 22:40:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck slinkybinx. You can't assume anything based on the skin reactions, but it sounds very uncomfortable and I hope you figure out the cause soon. An inspection is a good idea!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45