Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

NEWBIE - how to treat for mysterious bug (not bed bugs)

(3 posts)
  1. notbedbug

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 15:37:57
    #

Login to Send PM

TL;DR: how to treat for bugs when you don't know what it is?

I've been in this apartment for almost three months; new memory foam mattress, metal bedframe (no box spring), all wood floors, except for one big area rug in living room.

I noticed about a week ago that I started getting small bites, mainly on my feet/ankles/lower legs. The first one was on the underside of my arm, however. I don't think it's bed bugs, since I see no evidence of them and from researching bites, it doesn't look similar. Also there is no stain. My thought is fleas that probably hitched a ride on my secondhand armchair. I set out a DIY trap (dish soap/lamp), but nothing came of it.

The only bug I found was a tiny, TINY, black bug with wings, that did not look like a flea. When searching with a flashlight, I am unable to find any bugs. I washed all my linens, vacuumed (to the best of my ability - I only have a handheld vacuum right now), but they are not gone.

How can I treat this if I am unsure of what I am treating? Should I just buy a spray/trap and hope for the best? Maybe it's just a random bug?

I want to be able to sleep again.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 16:41:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirm first then treat once you know what you are targeting.

If you find another post a pic and we can help ID it.

Hope that helps,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 22:23:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree, you need to confirm the ID before you treat.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,179 posts in 50,132 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92