(16 posts)
  1. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2008 22:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

We're in a tough situation, right?

But I'm not sure that enough people are interested and/or willing to engage on another level.

I have no experience in this but it seems to me that a first step is to figure out who wants to help, in some way I really have no clue about yet but hope we can figure it out together.

So, just to determine if there is interest at this point, I created a poll and would really appreciate if you have time to respond:

http://www.twiigs.com/poll/Local/New_York/New_York/9027

Sorry for the clumsy questions; if you have suggestions, please, I'm sure we all want to hear them.

2. bugbasher

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2008 22:34:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Nomo,
    Great, I'm there : rally,march,organized sit in(maybe once spring is here)! I agree,we can and should do more to make the point that we're not taking the current lack of action anymore.As the numbers of sufferers grow so should our clout to get something done.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2008 22:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Great idea!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. mangycur

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2008 23:05:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, Brilliant Plan!

5. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Feb 27 2008 4:26:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not in NY, but I would be onboard for anything that would make this issue more visible politically. (I guess I could fly to NYC and stay with some of my friends who still don't have bugs - yet.)

6. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Feb 27 2008 17:45:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, would someone who is a member of the yahoo group post a link to the poll there as a favor?

Thanks!

7. annanicolaou

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Feb 27 2008 22:12:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm on board. It really is out of hand. I was out to lunch in a random restaurant this weekend in nyc, and I swear, I saw a bedbug crawling up a wooden table near me. TERRIFYING!!

8. crawledon

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2008 1:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm extremely, excitedly and eagerly on board. You're survey thing only allowed me to choose one!

9. nightshirt

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2008 15:00:17
    #

Login to Send PM

i justs voted nomo. how did you do that. i am so unsavvy

10. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2008 17:44:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Dunno, nightshirt, the internet is full of goodies. I usually just ask google and it treats me right.

I should have clarified what my thinking was behind the choices.

I figure a petition is the most public thing, you know, name and address. An email or letter, written by you alone--although the text can be written as a group and provided to everyone along with the addresses so that people don't have to worry about what to say if they like--takes into account everyone's presumed interest in privacy and anonymity.

There are online tools for email campaigns that may be good to look into, such as citizenspeak.org, but my guess is there have to be enough people who are even interested in the first place to discuss what the message should be.

I'm kinda hoping some good person out there will step forward and lead, show us how this is done. Or some good person who wants to lead even if we all learn together about what it takes.

11. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Feb 29 2008 18:35:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I think a well formulated program with a specific real world agenda could improve the situation for many.

12. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Mar 2 2008 18:40:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumpersticker.

With Nobugs' indulgence I'm going to bump this up from time to time in the next couple of weeks to see if anyone else votes.

Sorry to be annoying. Thanks!

Also, if you want to receive news on this topic, if anything gets off the ground, please let me know at this gmail address: newyorkersagainstbedbugs. I won't write to you unless I have something good to say.

13. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Mar 9 2008 17:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumper cars!

The last one.

14. bedbugsenigma

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Mar 9 2008 17:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad you bumped this up! I am all for getting organized! This is a community concern. If someone has bed bugs and doesn't get rid of them, sooner or later they'll spread. It takes SO much money that the city should do something to regulate the pest control industry or those who don't have the money to afford treatments etc. will keep the bugs and they will spread. Thank you for starting the process, 'nomo. It's been on my mind for a while.

15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Mar 25 2008 22:34:06
    #

Login to Send PM

16. freaked out in brooklyn

Deleted Account *do not PM*

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Mar 25 2008 22:58:51
    #

Login to Send PM

People are giving up and saying like other countries we just have to learn to live with them. I say... NOT in America!
    We have the right to not live with bb's and find a solution....I am all of a sudden on a mission. i almost want to post
    flyers on subway stations to get people in a panic and stop living in denial in NYC.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88