Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

New to Bedbugs (Expert Input/advice please)

(7 posts)
  1. hatebedbugscheer

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 10:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I am currently living in Queens NY in a two bedroom apartment building. I just recently found out that I had a bedbug infestation after a canine visit and the PCO actually showed me the the physical bug in between my casper bed frame.

The PCO said we had to remove the mattresses and bed frame from both rooms which was done yesterday. (The bed frame will be removed tomorrow moving). We are currently sleeping on an air mattress in the master bedroom.

Prior to that we have washed and launder all our clothes with the exception of jackets/coats, expensive items, shoes, and bags

Now here is the shady part. The PCO said he would treat our bags, expensive clothing, and shoes with cryonite so we did have not have to pack them. He would also treat our suitcases the same so we didn't need to pack them

He also said they we didn't have to empty out our closets by the front door since they would be fine.

I feel we were scammed after the treatment. Should we emptying out all closets including the pantry?

How should we treat shoes and expensive clothing? The laundromat near my house doesn't allow us to put shoes in the dryer. Would nuven strips work? What about books and electronics, and makeup? Should we do an off site fumigation?

I have already put the infested shoes and bags into airtight containers. The books and electronics are still out in the open on the book shelf. My makeup, contact lenses, makeup pouches and the likes are also stored in airtight containers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. My lease has been up and Im ready to move but I want to fix this issue first. I had a mental breakdown yesterday but Im trying my best to stay sane.

Here is a breakdown of what the PCO used:

Cryonite
    ULV with Phantom
    BNG - Suspended Gentrol
    Wall voids with Tridite?
    All purpose chemical.

He is coming back on thursday (tomorrow) to collect the bed frame and apply more cyronite and a residual chemical.

After that he would come back in two weeks to treat.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. My husband and I are trying our best to stay sane but are getting frustrated and tired. I could not sleep yesterday.

Thank you!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 10:43:52
    #

Login to Send PM

If it was a small infestation it's possible that you would not need to treat items in the closet or pantry, but without being there I can't say one way or the other.
    Are the mattresses and frames being disposed of or treated, it sounds like they're being thrown away.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. hatebedbugscheer

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 11:32:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi bigdummy,

Thanks for your quick reply. I thought the infestation was light but since last week I woke up with 3 bites every day. The exterminator that pulled apart the bed frame said there was about 40-50 bugs. It is currently wrapped up and was placed near the front door closet of my apartment for collection tomorrow. That being said based on the number of bugs he found, he said the infestation was at least a month old. It seems like I only started to react to bites recently.

I had made sure all beds were disposed professionally and not on the street. We also got rid of conforters and pillows. I’ve only kept two comforters that we will need to wash and dry on high heat for two hours.

Thanks, Jessica

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 11:41:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Why is he advising you to throw those items out? It seems like it would be easy to treat them and save you a ton of money.

5. hatebedbugscheer

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 12:51:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bigdummy,

He said those were the main harbonage areas for bedbugs that’s why he said we should throw then out. I am getting worried that we were not properly informed. And also our fault for not doing the research. We were in a panic mode and I think that’s what made it worse

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 13:40:10
    #

Login to Send PM

You might find that hiring your own PCO is cheaper than replacing all of your beds.

Unless they were in poor condition or stained beyond what you would consider acceptable there's no reason that mattresses cannot be successfully treated.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, it sounds a bit excessive. Can you post images of any of the frames or mattresses that are still in your possession? Maybe there's a reason that I'm missing.

7. hatebedbugscheer

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 11 2018 20:16:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I currently typing from my cellphone as I’m too afraid to use my laptop (it was always next or on my bed). Is it possible to send pictures through a cell?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,176 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic