(2 posts)
  1. completelybugginout

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Oct 2 2012 9:00:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Help needed!!!
    My husband and I traveled for two weeks this summer and basically (unknown to us) came home with bed bugs. I thought that I was getting bitten up by mosquitoes (which is very normal for me) and didn't even think about it until my mother said "maybe you have bed bugs because you are waking up with new bites". I looked and cleaned behind our bed and discovered two apparently large bed bugs behind the bed which is what made me seek action.
    We just had a canine unit come on Monday and check our apartment in NYC and had hits by our bed and by our front closet. How are they only in those two places? I don't understand and we've basically had them for 2 months without knowing about it. Regardless, we were given a preparation sheet off all the things we need to do before they can start treatment. So we've started the expensive and arduous process of having ALL of our clothes cleaned at the cleaners. I've kept a few things that I am cleaning myself and then putting them in ziploc XL bags after cleaning and drying in high/hot heat. Here are a few questions that I don't know the answers to and need some help... I haven't been able to get in touch with the PCO last night or yet today:
    1 - What do we do about hangers? Throw them away? dryer? What?
    2 - Shoes and handbags? I have a ton of these and don't know how to clean them. My PCO recommended putting them in pillowcases and running them in the dryer for a few minutes. Will this work?
    3 - What do I do with belts?
    4 - My husband kept golf clubs in our bedroom... what do I do with those? and for that matter other large items that are in the fron closet - vaccuum, aero mattress, cleaning materials?
    5 - They also told us to bag everything in the infected rooms. My closet is right by the front door so does that mean I need to do my entire living room and empty out the media center? I want to be thorough so that this problem is fixed as quickly as possible.
    6 - Finally, this happening is horrible and it makes me feel completely disgusting. I don't want to be in the apartment anymore or anywhere near my bed (which I used to love and just got new bedding from my wedding that I basically want to just throw away).
    This morning when we woke up my husband found a small bed bug running across the pillow bright red and when I killed it, it was filled with blood. I was under the impression that they were only out at night when I was sleeping and not just running around during the day normally. We haven't had any treatment done yet. I'm feeling very overwhelmed and like I just don't know what to do. Reading the forum has been helpful but a double edged sword because it makes me feel like the problem is never going to go away and we will have to keep living with these things. We are having treatment done tomorrow and I want to sleep out tonight and tomorrow after the treatment but I don't know where to go. I think it's possible that my parents have been infected as I've slept there since I've been back from my honeymoon on numerous occassions (which makes me feel horrible that I might have given this to them)...
    All advice is welcome..

2. 2r4m

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Oct 2 2012 19:50:34
    #

Login to Send PM

its hard and extremely over whelming in the beginnng. But their is light at the end of the tunnel. And yes you can find them anytime of the day. My daughter was being bit one day in the morning. And I would ask my pco about your concerns of treating your other items,. I would also infom your parents. So that if they need treatments, they can get it sooner. Good luck and keep us posted

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,644 posts in 50,005 topics over 154 months by 21,867 of 22,348 members. Latest: jaa5108, fightingback, Jenloaa