Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

NEW TO BBs NEED ADVICE

(2 posts)
  1. nomoreplease

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 8 2017 13:08:46
    #

Login to Send PM

So a couple months ago I was at my boyfriends and there was a bug crawling on my arm, I killed it and went back to sleep thinking it came in from the window because we slept with the windows open. Didn't think anything of it. Weeks later we were in his room and when he got up there were bugs crawling on his shirt. I thought maybe bed bugs but also I know he sleeps with the window open so there could have just been bugs in his room, grossed out but not thinking too much of it, I left. I had never delt with bed bugs before or thought much about them so I didn't give it much thought. Well the a little over a week ago I was fixing my sheets before going to bed and I see a bug run across my sheets, I couldn't sleep all night in fear it was a bed bug. The next morning I took my sheets off to inspect my bed and sure enough I found about 6 bugs in the seems of my matters. I killed them all and had my house exterminated. My boyfriend also found them in his bed once I told him about my bed. Pretty sure he is where I got them from, unless I had them first and passed them to him without realizing I had them first. Anyways, my house was exterminated on Wednesday and I have been sleeping on the couch, last night was the first night I slept in my bed. This morning when I woke up there was a nymph bed bug not far from my pillow. I immediately killed it. I have the exterminators coming again today to spray, as they said this isn't too out of the ordinary. My boyfriend on the other hand does not take this as seriously as I do, he said his exterminator checked his whole house (he has 2 roommates) and only found them in his room. I find this hard to believe since they multiply and travel so quickly. Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel like I am going insane from this. I already have bad mental health (i.e. anxiety and depression ) and this is throwing me into a bad place. I feel legit cuckoo.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 9 2017 10:46:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please start with the FAQ's and build up your understanding from there.

Once treated rooms MUST be occupied to ensure treatment efficiency which is something your exterminator should have explained to you.

I would also be less concerned with which of you had bed bugs first and think more about how either of you got them first so you can stop that source together. Its not a blame thing, its a rational logic thing.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316