Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

New to bbs and questions & clarification

(3 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 4 2011 21:23:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I was told today that the welts on my body were beg bug bites. The derm was fairly certain that they were and advised me to have my landlord get an inspection.

He is going straight to spraying and I have scheduled an appointment on Monday. I am speaking with him tomorrow. What kinds of questions should I ask? I've read the FAQs but my head is spinning with information.

I'm not sure of the quality of the guy? Is there anything I should do regardless of what he says?

I personally believe that this is a small infestation of only 2-3 wks duration (the length of times I've had bites turn up.) What steps should I take to make this treatment as effective as possible?

I'm really only starting to grasp the enormity of the lifestyle change I am going to be making. Should I really bag everything as one friend suggests? Should I bag clothes by day to day use, or can I group by the week? Ziplock or taped shut garbage bags?

I live in a tiny apartment with my bed in the center, should I treat each room? What should I do with my computer?

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 5 2011 0:55:40
    #

Login to Send PM

How do I deal with items I carry daily?

3. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 5 2011 15:06:21
    #

Login to Send PM

AshamedandScratching,

It's essential not to treat until you know for sure your problem is bed bugs, not mosquitoes, fleas, mites, scabies, lice, prickly hairs on carpet beetle larvae, poison ivy, folliculitis, allergies, psychosomatic, or etc.. Also, remember for some people bed bug bites don't show up for days or maybe even weeks.

Anyway you and I have now just spoken by phone and I've explained I'm not an expert or PCO but will help in what ways I can including loaning you the PackTite this weekend.

jrbtnyc

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123