New to bb and im going insane

(28 posts)
  1. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 2 2017 23:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I found what I believe to be a small infestation on my mattress about 10 days ago I freaked out I've never dealt with bedbugs and I went nuts I threw out my mattress (responsibly and it was old very used ) I wanted to throw out everything and just keep our clothes but I have yet to do that. My k8ds have been bite free since the first spray treatment my landlord did (he is experienced in this dept) he used temprid sc which seemed to work I saw 2 bugs after the 1st spray and 1 four days after the 1st spray the original case was in my room but I did find the last bug in my son's room. I also have 2 young daughters who have very sensitive skin because they are ginger. I am feeling hopeful that it was a small infestation and that I caught it early enough. I haven't seen any evidence anywhere in my home of the bugs except my mattress (the one I threw out) I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice I dnt know what to do my landlord is very helpful and is willing to spray every 10 days til I feel safe again. My brother who dealt with this before but much worse advised me of hotshot for bedbugs so I also spray that in between treatments. I have had 2 spray treatments and no bites. We all keep our beds on the floor and I'm not sure if that's ok or not so I really need advice I'm having anxiety attacks and crying fits every day I worry about my kid's and I feel I can't keep them safe I even had to call a hotline today because I was so upset and down. ( suffer from depression anxiety and ptsd) this situation makes me want to shrivel up in a Lil black hole but then my kids would be left in the bug house I can't do that to them. I'm scared to tell anyone and scared to go anywhere or have anyone over for fear of spreading them. I can't financially hire anyone I'm trying to do this myself I'm just lost my case wasn't as bad as alot of them so I'm not sure what to do i plan on continuing the temprid sc spray and possibly the cimexa dust. Please any advice or encouraging words would be helpful I'm so on edge and crying it's hard to function.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 2 2017 23:52:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been there. You can do it. It will take work on your part, but our great grandparents did it with fewer tools than we have. Sounds like you have a good landlord and a good start.

This is just a fact of life now. We have to learn to deal. You're right, your kids are depending on you. They are so worth the hard work.

The Temprid is a good start. Wash bedding weekly or so and search bed area to make sure they are clear then put Cimexa everywhere they need to cross to get to you. Use a dry paintbrush to brush it everywhere, around bed legs, under mattresses, around carpet edges. Make sure covers don't touch walls or floor while you sleep. Safety pins can be helpful for this. Do this because you want to make them cross the poison to get to you, not to climb up the bedding. Good luck. Look up old stories and look up directions for applying Cimexa if you want. You can do it! Ask any more questions if you need to.

3. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:02:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks I've just begun looking into different treatment stuff but whenever I start to read it have anxiety and start crying uncontrollably it's hard to explain but in my head I believe it's my fault like I did something wrong and my poor babies pay for it (they get really irritated by bites I show barely any signs) I just want this nightmare over I can't sleep and I'm going insane I try to read on situations on this site but they all seem horrific and I'm scared mine will get that way. I work in others homes so I'm afraid to spread these buggers but I can't afford to not work I'm trying to be super careful but I feel so hopeless and out of control of my own life. I know this won't last forever but it seems like it will and it's just the beginning for me.

4. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:05:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Is cimexa safe for my home with my kids my youngest is 2 so I worry. And do i spray it everywhere or just in the walls around sockets and under baseboards

5. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

It's not a spray, it's a dust that you spread with a paintbrush. Do you have carpet or wood floors? Is your landlord checking your neighbors?

6. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:14:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, Cimexa's safe. Give it a few hours to settle in a room before going in to spend time so you don't breathe it in. If it gets on skin, wash off and apply lotion.

Do you have your own dryer? Because it's best to dry clothes thoroughly + time to kill then seal clothes in bags. Then you put them on right before you leave. Being careful not spread is good because you don't want to get them back from people. You've got this.

7. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I have carpet in the bedrooms and hallway and I I've in a single family home. I researched dusters to spread the cimexa I haven't ordered yet because I wanted to get advice here first

8. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 0:53:36
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, carpet is easiest because you can spread around bed legs and under the head of the bed without it blowing around. They also suggest down in the wall next to the outlets (I guess you would need a duster for that, but a regular home paint brush is good for the rest). Also, around under mattresses. Also, think about where you would have gotten them so you can take precautions in the future.

9. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 9:41:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea where I would have gotten them that's kind of my issue my family doesn't go anywhere really the majority of our time is in our home I got kind of an idea where they came from our beds are on the floor I don't have bed frames I'm scared of the bites I know it's not a big deal but my anxiety makes it a huge ordeal for me my biggest concern is keeping my kids safe and going through this I feel like I haven't like somehow I've failed as a mother I've talked to each one of my children they're okay they don't see it as a big deal so I'm trying to keep my head straight but I keep spiraling down into a depression I just want to ball up and cry I don't know how I'm going to get through this I wish all of you that have dealt with this could tell me how you got through it every day knowing that there's a possibility of bugs eating you I'm trying to think of them as just fleets but it's really hard they've invaded my home my safe place where my family spends all our time I don't know what to do I feel like giving up sometimes I would love some advice from anyone that has dealt with this

10. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 10:28:15
    #

Login to Send PM

So Syco, I don't really like to admit this because I don't like this about myself, but I when I went through my infestation, and unfortunately when I went through a scare, that wasn't bed bugs. I had very bad anxiety, too. I was on medication (which I don't think helped, BTW) and I saw psychologists and psychiatrists. Honestly, the only reason I didn't commit suicide was because I needed to be an advocate and save and help my kids. So I understand the feeling, I really, really do.

I've had a lot of time to think about this in the years since my infestation and I have decided (for me) that it's because things come so easily normally to us now. The plumbing breaks, we call a man. The car breaks, we call a man. We cook in minutes in a microwave and we get mad if the computer takes more than a few seconds to load.

Our ancestors ground wheat and made bread. They cut firewood and built fires to keep warm. They spent a whole day warming water and scrubbing clothes and hanging them up. They dealt with bed bugs, but it was just one more time consuming issue that they did to maintain their life. And they didn't really seem to get as upset about it as we do. They knew that they had to get through it, and they did.

I also think that for me this issue also pushes my button of worrying everyone will think me and my kids are gross and contagious because I grew up poor. But I just have to tell myself that this is the real world. This happens sometimes. I'm going to do my best and work my hardest to be responsible and get rid of them, but the best I can do is the best I can do.

I hope this thought process that I go through can be helpful for you, too. Some of the other things you said rang true as well, but the issues are so painful that I would rather discuss in a private message if you want to. Message me any time if you are stressed. I'm sorry you are going through this. But you are strong enough to do this hard work for you and your children! It will be worth it. Every day I'm so grateful that I'm here to enjoy my sweet amazing kids and this great world. <3

11. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 19:00:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so I've cleaned and cleaned and design cluttered some and I found what I think is old rice and I wanted to know do bb eggs look like rice cuz this is like a grain of cooked rice but very hard I do allow my kids to eat in their rooms and we do often have rice but I'm freaking out and just need to know. I've looked at pics online but they look like filmy sacs and this is definitely hard

12. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 19:08:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been dealing with bed bugs off and on for 3 years.The first time I caught them I was unaware that they were real.Well my landlord paid for 3 bug sprays which didnt really help at all.May have been because he uses the cheapest place and the bug guys didn't do a good job.So after that I finally talked him into going half on a heat treatment.We would have to pay back the half he paid to him but not right away.So we paid $2,200 for heat treatment.It came with a 3 month warranty.Thought we were in the clear.Nope right after our warranty was up we found more.So again we paid $2,200 for another heat treatment.This time getting rid of our brand new couch.It was really really thick and sewed really good so the heat couldnt get in the middle of it.This time the heat treatment worked.We were bug free for 2 and a half years.The whole time I was still really freaked out and it took me forever to stop getting up in the middle of the night searching for them.For the longest time I made my boys strip outside after coming home from school,a friends house or just about anywhere.I disnt let anyone come in at all.Not even my brother or best friend.Well my brother and friend would always complain that I was rude for not letting them come in.Or because I would make them change outside before coming in.Well after 2 years bug free I finally gave in and thought its got to be hard to catch them from someone just coming in your house.So I started letting my brother and friend come in again.My brother lives in apartments and had bed bugs.Swore his apartment was treated and that he didn't have them anymore.But apartments are very hard to get rid of them.My best friend had them in her trailer and she moved to a little shed cabin thing.Taking all her stuff with her.She swore that last summer her shed got so hot all the time that it killed all the bugs.I knew both were full of crap but like I said I thought it would be really hard to catch them off someones clothes like that.So I started letting them come back in.Well a few weeks ago I was sitting on my bed and seen a bug crawling on my shoulder.It was a bed bug...I freaked out and started crying...Not again,not again!!!!We have a hard time paying our bills the way it is let alone having to pay for all these treatments.I get really freaked out by the bugs...The first time I had them I was outside in my back yard in a tent for weeks in the winter...It was 20 degrees Outside...I froze but I wasn't going to sleep in my house with them.It doesnt bother my husband or our 3 boys like it does me.So again we had to come with $2,200 for the heat treatment.My husband sold his truck that he loved so much just so we would have the money for the treatment.So now we are $6,600 in Treatments..We just got the treatment done a week ago...I SWEAR with everything that is in me that I will NEVER allow anyone in my house again..Never Ever...I hate living that way and never having company over for game night or dinners together.But I will NOT continue to go through this...I can't...I already have problems with depression and panic attacks and this bug drama is making me worse.....I pray that the treatment worked this time and if it didnt that I am able to know before the 3 month warranty is up.Its just hard to tell within the 3 Months.I'm pretty sure we just caught them again and I got really lucky to see that bug crawling on me.Most people dont know until they have had them for awhile...I dont think this whole bug issue is ever going to go away in my head...Its really messed with me.I wouldn't wish this crap on my worst enemy!!!

Sweetie I also cry every day and hardly get any sleep.I'm praying this heat treatment worked..I can't deal with hardly anymore.Just know that your not Alone.If you need anything or just want to talk you can always message me.Do you have a Facebook account?You can a me if you want.Tracey Renee Wilson-Forrest.Just message Me so I know its you OK.

13. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 19:08:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so I've cleaned and cleaned and design cluttered some and I found what I think is old rice and I wanted to know do bb eggs look like rice cuz this is like a grain of cooked rice but very hard I do allow my kids to eat in their rooms and we do often have rice but I'm freaking out and just need to know. I've looked at pics online but they look like filmy sacs and this is definitely hard

14. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 19:53:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you yes this is very stressful I'm on day 10 after finding them and had my first spray treatment that same day. My problem is the waiting the time going so slow. I have to check my kids head to toe every day for bites and check their beds that are in cheap cases every day and around every inch of their room every day. I neglected mine a little because I'm so exhausted taking care of theirs and I'm afraid they will come back I can't sleep and the little sleep I get is filled with nightmares. I can't afford to call a professional so I'm down about that and I'm going to try to do this on my own with my landlord spraying every 10 days. It's just so overwhelming and stressful I'm depressed and crying alot

15. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 19:53:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Your landlord is using a good pesticide, hopefully he's spraying where he should, just add in the Cimexa.

I think they're noticeably smaller than regular rice. I just googled "rice compared to bed bug eggs" and it pulled up a picture that compared the size. The eggs are way smaller.

@Proud mommy You prob shouldn't put private info in this public forum

16. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 0:07:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks that's nice to hear about the eggs I was stating to freak out. I Google search and they look different so I didn't know. I'm trying to raise some money to get what I need to feel safe at home and helpeven feel my kids are safe at home ( good mattress encasements, cimexa, metal bed frames, bed rails cuz my kids are small and fall out hence why I keep our beds on the floor) I'm hoping this helps me get some sleep and be a good mother for my kids cuz I can't go on like this I'm so upset all the time and I cry all day I feel like this will last forever but I know that these are bugs and I'm bigger and I'm a protective mother and I will kill them they won't get my babies. I hope the temprid sc sprays every 10 day from landlord is good I will also do cimexa when I can afford it and just keep cleaning I just hope the bites stop I can't handle seeing my babies with bites. I've hot dried the clothes we don't really wear and put in garbage bags in the backyard and Ivery thrown out anything we really dnt need I'm debating throwing out our dressers and just hanging all our clothes I'm not stranger to starting over I just want them gone. Any advice please would be great. Am I not doing enough or should I do something different. Oh and it's been 10 days only 3 bugs sightings early on and no sightings in 5 days had two spray treatments with temprid sc I'm just sharing because I need to vent and get advice or opinions anything helps really I dnt want to go insane but I feel it building.

17. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 5:57:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Syco about bb - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks that's nice to hear about the eggs I was stating to freak out. I Google search and they look different so I didn't know. I'm trying to raise some money to get what I need to feel safe at home and helpeven feel my kids are safe at home ( good mattress encasements, cimexa, metal bed frames, bed rails cuz my kids are small and fall out hence why I keep our beds on the floor) I'm hoping this helps me get some sleep and be a good mother for my kids cuz I can't go on like this I'm so upset all the time and I cry all day I feel like this will last forever but I know that these are bugs and I'm bigger and I'm a protective mother and I will kill them they won't get my babies. I hope the temprid sc sprays every 10 day from landlord is good I will also do cimexa when I can afford it and just keep cleaning I just hope the bites stop I can't handle seeing my babies with bites. I've hot dried the clothes we don't really wear and put in garbage bags in the backyard and Ivery thrown out anything we really dnt need I'm debating throwing out our dressers and just hanging all our clothes I'm not stranger to starting over I just want them gone. Any advice please would be great. Am I not doing enough or should I do something different. Oh and it's been 10 days only 3 bugs sightings early on and no sightings in 5 days had two spray treatments with temprid sc I'm just sharing because I need to vent and get advice or opinions anything helps really I dnt want to go insane but I feel it building.

I know just how you feel about your babie. I could be covered in bites and to see just one on my son hurts. My son is disabled. He has gone through so much in this life. I never want to add to his difficulties.
    I'm also wondering if I'm doing enough. Good luck!!

18. OCDwithBB

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 8:23:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a lot of advice but just wanted to lend my support. I also have issues with anxiety and depression and know the kind of toll this can take on your mental health. I hope things get resolved for you soon

19. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 8:54:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I have seen any evidence in about 7 days and I have found a few single red dots on my girls but I'm not sure if they are bb bites. Sadly I'm still going insane had to be put on medication to calm me down I dnt know why the bb are freaking me out so much my good friend tried to explain it to me as fleas and I'm trying to think of them like that but I just keep thinking they are monsters who want to eat my babies my paranoia and anxiety are really killing me I've lost 10 lbs since this started almost 2 weeks ago and Ivery lost my appetite I just want to cry every time my baby wants to go in my room or come lay with me because I'm too scared I dnt even like my kids walking around my house this is terrible I dnt know how I'm going to get through this. It seems like it's going to last forever. I just wish I could not be so emotional about this I barely sleep and then sit and cry til I wake my kids for their day. How do you deal with this I need advice.

20. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 9:56:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. 7 days no evidence. You are doing well. If you are in an appartment 28 days without any sightings and you should be in the clear. In a single dwelling, then the countdown is 56 days.
    Write down the date of the last sighting and countdown the days.
    Almost all of us take a bedbug infestation badly. You will get over it, it just takes time. I didn't have children only a totally useless partner who did nothing to help so I can imagine how you must worry for your children. The truth is that bedbugs are very very annoying pest that few of us have seen before.

21. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 10:20:08
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Hi. 7 days no evidence. You are doing well. If you are in an appartment 28 days without any sightings and you should be in the clear. In a single dwelling, then the countdown is 56 days.
    Write down the date of the last sighting and countdown the days.
    Almost all of us take a bedbug infestation badly. You will get over it, it just takes time. I didn't have children only a totally useless partner who did nothing to help so I can imagine how you must worry for your children. The truth is that bedbugs are very very annoying pest that few of us have seen before.

Hi frightened, what is the theory behind the 28 day apartment vs 56 single family?

22. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 10:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL. I knew you would ask that. I have no idea as to the reason why an appartment clear time is shorter than a house time. It is the figure that the PCOs quote! Here is an earlier post with some detail
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/how-do-you-know-when-theyre-gone

23. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 10:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

People quote that all the time around here. I think the original quote is wrong. Doesn't make sense. If anything it would be the reverse because of surrounding neighbor issues.

24. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 10:50:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Syco about bb, I completely understand and identify with you. It makes me sick to my stomach when I see a bump or bite on my kids. I felt exactly the way you did. Please take the wise advice on these threads. We followed our PCO, who only sprayed, and now at almost 3 months clear, we found another BB.

My PCO and I are having a long hard talk about Cimexa tomorrow, and I may just ignore his advice and add it anyway. I can't go through this again. I also fear that I didn't clean out well enough. We focused on my room as that's where the issue was. But I need to spread to others. And my closet could still use another thorough sorting.

One of the worst parts of the anxiety for me was the fear of my house. I really didn't want to start digging through things because I was afraid I'd find them. Totally counter productive, but the fear was crippling. Again, it gets better over time.

My heart breaks for everyone going through this. I can be so paranoid it is unreal, and I probably annoy everyone on these boards every time my anxiety goes up and i ask for an ID. And I do not have a history of anxiety or depression. The way I have obsessed over this scares me, and makes me feel for anyone who is suffering from depression and anxiety in their every day lives.

Hang in there... you'll beat this. You have the right attitude.

25. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 11:51:43
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Syco about bb, I completely understand and identify with you. It makes me sick to my stomach when I see a bump or bite on my kids. I felt exactly the way you did. Please take the wise advice on these threads. We followed our PCO, who only sprayed, and now at almost 3 months clear, we found another BB.
    My PCO and I are having a long hard talk about Cimexa tomorrow, and I may just ignore his advice and add it anyway. I can't go through this again. I also fear that I didn't clean out well enough. We focused on my room as that's where the issue was. But I need to spread to others. And my closet could still use another thorough sorting.
    One of the worst parts of the anxiety for me was the fear of my house. I really didn't want to start digging through things because I was afraid I'd find them. Totally counter productive, but the fear was crippling. Again, it gets better over time.
    My heart breaks for everyone going through this. I can be so paranoid it is unreal, and I probably annoy everyone on these boards every time my anxiety goes up and i ask for an ID. And I do not have a history of anxiety or depression. The way I have obsessed over this scares me, and makes me feel for anyone who is suffering from depression and anxiety in their every day lives.
    Hang in there... you'll beat this. You have the right attitude.

Ithoughtlicewsbad, As I read this post I literally wondered if I wrote it. Lol! This is exactly my thoughts

26. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 12:19:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Exactly ithoughtlicewsbad I have closets to go through but I'm scared to find one I'm afraid of what will happen to me mentally. I haven't packed up my whole house yet for fear of disrupting things I'm worried but like I said the worst thing is a itchy bite I keep telling myself that and it helps a little I just hate the waiting and searching and constant checking uugghhh will this ever end.

27. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 9:16:09
    #

Login to Send PM

So as I was putting my kids to bed last night I saw a few red bumps on my daughter legs not shaped or anything just there and I lost it I said good night ran outside and broke down I sat in my driveway crying it's been almost 2 weeks since I first found them this week is my 3rd spray treatment with temprid sc and luckily I just ordered cimexa it should arrive Thursday but now my poor baby has bites Im trying not to let it get to me I really am but it does I dnt know why when they are just like fleas and I'm trying to remind myself of that I hope we get through this soon I know it will take time I'm just going insane I dnt know what to do.

28. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 10:31:25
    #

Login to Send PM

The first month is so, so hard. I cried so much. My husband wondered who took his strong, independent, can-do, tough wife and turned her into a slobbering mess. I know it's so hard to imagine it getting better and easier, but it does.

I hated my kids having bites and bumps. I hated having to live in isolation. I hated not being able to tell anyone why I was suddenly behaving like a recluse, and not sleeping, and miserable. I lived in absolute terror of spreading this to someone else, or having anyone know what was going on. I totally understand where you are, and I just have to say it gets better.

Even after having a set back this week that sent me down that dark, dark rabbit hole again, I feel better than I used to. I slept last night (with the help of tylenol PM), I cleaned thoroughly today. I had the PCO in to inspect and treat. I'm taking it one day at a time.

This site is a wonderful resource for information and support. But I will say, sometimes you need a break from the horror stories. I try to limit what threads I look at and find people in similar situations to me. Not because I don't care about the others, but when I read the horror stories my mind goes to really dark places. I need to limit what I look at, and sometimes, I have to take a complete break. So you might want to think about that as well. Paranoia feeds on paranoia - and there is a LOT of paranoia here (90% attributable to yours truly).

Hang in there. You are on this. You will get past this. And, it is OK to cry sometimes. It really is.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo