New rule: no bed bug requests

(30 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 23:53:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I am sorry to disappoint anyone, but from now on, requests for bed bug samples are banned on Bedbugger.

Most of these requests are being made by anonymous individuals. We do not know who they are or what their purposes are in requesting samples.

If you are in the bed bug industry (for example, you want to get bed bugs to train dogs), it's my understanding that bed bugs are sold and there are ways of getting them. Bedbugger cannot act as a clearinghouse for this.

I may make exceptions in individual cases if the person requesting samples is doing so for a legitimate research study conducted at a university, and requiring field samples.

If this describes you, please email me: nobugs at bedbugger dot com. I would need to know your name, departmental address, who is supervising the research, departmental URLs, etc. Please use your university email. Any information about the study is welcomed as it may encourage people to participate. Please provide information about how samples should be packaged.

Please do not post requests directly on the forums as they are likely to be deleted without explanation.

Thank you for your understanding!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. tisIsaidthefly

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 7 2010 0:29:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Aw gee whiz - just when I was going to go into business renting out bed bug samples.
    Drats. Foiled again.

3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 10 2010 15:18:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey man, wanna by a cimex?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 10 2010 23:31:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately, those words have been uttered here.

5. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 23 2011 14:03:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If infested people are willing to collect samples for researchers, where would we look to see who (if anyone) wants them? It seems as though some population genetics could be valuable, particularly on pesticide resistance, with samples from multiple locations.

6. Richard_Naylor

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 23 2011 16:21:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Nowadays it's not too difficult to get hold of them for research. It's just a case of finding a sympathetic PCO and tagging along when they get a big one.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 23 2011 23:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - 9 hours ago  » 
    If infested people are willing to collect samples for researchers, where would we look to see who (if anyone) wants them? It seems as though some population genetics could be valuable, particularly on pesticide resistance, with samples from multiple locations.

Hi Super,

As noted above, the rule does not apply to legitimate researchers, and if any are around, they can contact me (with the relevant information proving they are engaged in university-sponsored research), and I will post a request.

This has happened in the past.

8. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 24 2011 3:56:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard_Naylor - 11 hours ago  » 
    Nowadays it's not too difficult to get hold of them for research. It's just a case of finding a sympathetic PCO and tagging along when they get a big one.

Actually Richard, I have to tell you that won't necessarily work. In January I called about 35 PCO's here in NYC and even offered to pay, say, $100 for 100 bugs, but no takers. I could now call up some of them again as a follow-up and maybe it would happen this time. But this will give you an idea it's not a casual undertaking. If someone considers themselves to be a serious, legitimate researcher, as I consider myself to be although informally so, but without "official" affiliation such as with a university, acquiring bugs to work on, hoping to develop information that conceivably could lead to new ways to fight bb's as a service to humanity especially people who need inexpensive DIY options because they can't afford a PCO, can be a tough order. Months go by and you waste all your energy just seeking the bugs to work on, rather than doing the work you're primed and eager to do. Alternatively I asked entomologists, experts, and professionals reading this website if I might send materials to them where they would simply throw bugs in and then let me (and anyone else) know the results, thus not requiring them to send bugs to me, and again, zero takers. Finally one person gave me a vial of bugs February 2 at the EPA Summit in Washington DC which I appreciated, and at last I was able to do some basic tests which I had been having to put off since September (other than very small-scale tests on four bugs found in my own apartment building). It turned out the most interesting bugs relating to my investigations were later-stage nymphs and adults, of which there only happened to be two in that February batch. So I was able to gain some hints of useful information, but then those two adults lost energy as they gradually became hungrier and hungrier (since I don't feed them) and eventually died. Then, I couldn't get any more bugs and was about to have to suspend the effort. But by a fluke, someone else gave me seven more adults during the first week of March and that re-energized the work, leading to some very intriguing results I would now love to share with everyone. But they can only be considered preliminary results because seven bugs is nowhere near enough to be confident the results are applicable to bugs in general. I would like to find 50, 100, 500 bugs so I can do a massive test that, if successful, will quite definitively show the direction I have in mind merits further attention. But I'm at an impasse once again. Yes, I do wish I could just call up a few PCO's as you suggest, and find a sympathetic one who could easily permit me to accompany them to any of numerous massive infestations they treat all the time and grab hundreds of bugs within minutes, but so far have not found a way to get that to happen.

Perhaps based on this specific feedback you might be able to offer additional suggestions?

Again, I don't even need anyone to *give me bugs*, I just need them to receive materials I'll provide to them for free, and place the bugs in the materials in a designated fashion, and observe the results to see if they point in certain useful directions I'm envisioning or in any unexpected directions which might turn out to be notable.

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 24 2011 10:41:38
    #

Login to Send PM

jrbtnyc - 6 hours ago  » 

Actually Richard, I have to tell you that won't necessarily work. In January I called about 35 PCO's here in NYC and even offered to pay, say, $100 for 100 bugs, but no takers. I could now call up some of them again as a follow-up and maybe it would happen this time. But this will give you an idea it's not a casual undertaking. If someone considers themselves to be a serious, legitimate researcher, as I consider myself to be although informally so, but without "official" affiliation such as with a university, acquiring bugs to work on, hoping to develop information that conceivably could lead to new ways to fight bb's as a service to humanity especially people who need inexpensive DIY options because they can't afford a PCO, can be a tough order.

Hi jrbtnyc,

I think that Richard was referring to situations in which researchers with university or other affiliations were seeking samples (as Super asked about such situations).

I am sorry to say it, but I find the fact that you could not get bed bugs in this manner quite reasssuring. That's not a comment on you, personally, but on the fact that people should not be able to simply say they are doing research and get bed bug samples.

The problem is, lots of people out there might want bed bugs for nefarious purposes. They might represent themselves as having legitimate research interests but no official affiliation.

Unfortunately, if someone's research is not being supervised by a recognized body like a university IRB, we don't know who they are or what they're going to do with lots of bed bugs.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 24 2011 10:44:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, who tagged this thread "KillerQueen"?!?!

11. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 24 2011 14:05:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 2 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately, if someone's research is not being supervised by a recognized body like a university IRB, we don't know who they are or what they're going to do with lots of bed bugs.

Nobugs you're the greatest, and you have every prerogative to run your website as you see fit that you've built up by so much hard work and smarts over the last four years, but in this instance you really know how to wound a guy.

You're saying in effect that even though I've now posted 300+ times on bedbugger.com and become a full member and discussed many specific bed bug issues in great detail with original thoughts on how to battle them on behalf of downtrodden sufferers worldwide who can't afford PCO's, I still have no credibility with you as being serious or legitimate – in your eyes I might still turn out to be some kind of scammer or crank or vandal or member of Al Qaeda or whatever.

So you won't lift a finger to exert any of your very considerable, justly-earned influence to help me get bugs or even help me find *someone who would accept my materials* as I've proposed, to put bugs into, thus eliminating the need to even send me bugs.

I doubt if you, as an eminently fair-minded person by all indications, one who always seeks to encourages open debate on a level playing field, would permit this lack of access to bugs to impede my informal research into certain avenues just because you don't think those avenues will be productive and/or because those avenues represent Thinking Outside The Box in a manner which current entomologists, experts, and professionals discount as having no possibility of leading to anything useful. Surely I'm correct you wouldn't do that either consciously or subconsciously.

Since I'm in NYC as you are, you could suggest that I appear at some time and location convenient for you so we could discuss and you could size me up in person; you could visit my "lab" i.e. my apartment to see what I've set up; you could ask for references of which I could supply plenty and you could then call up and/or meet any of 5-10 people right here in the city who have known me for 30 years or longer; or you could deputize some trusted person to do those things on your behalf.

Not to compare myself with Bach or Beethoven, but neither of them ever went to university or got a degree in music.

Anyway, via pm's you and I have now agreed the best thing for me to do is start my own dedicated thread, updating a couple of earlier ones, and keep my low-cost anti-bb ideas strictly off any other threads, and perhaps start my own outside blog as well to which I could link people from "my" thread. So those are the things I'll do – if I don't have to suspend this effort for a while because it's keeping me from earning a living, and I can't start my own pest control company as David says I ought to do because the whole point is I'm not pursuing this for profit, for a livelihood, or even for any monetary return at all because I'm endeavoring to help people who would barely have ten cents to pay me with anyway.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 24 2011 17:49:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi jrbtnyc,

I am sorry you were offended, but please read my post again, namely this part:

I am sorry to say it, but I find the fact that you could not get bed bugs in this manner quite reasssuring. That's not a comment on you, personally, but on the fact that people should not be able to simply say they are doing research and get bed bug samples.

You did not ask someone who knew you for bed bugs. You said you asked about 35 PCOs. How could they have judged whether you were legitimate or not?

I also said,

The problem is, lots of people out there might want bed bugs for nefarious purposes. They might represent themselves as having legitimate research interests but no official affiliation.

There has already been at least one case where people were thought to have purposefully left bed bugs in a public location as a form of sabotage. I don't think we got verification of whether this was so, but we can all imagine lots of people who might try this.

With that in mind, I have to say the best policy is that bed bugs are not given or sold to anyone who wants them, even if they want to do research.

There is absolutely nothing personal about that statement. I think it's unlikely you're a bed bug saboteur.

But I don't know your set-up, or your background in laboratory research, or whether you know enough about how to handle bed bugs to avoid losing samples which then infest neighbors.

Frankly, I've been here for years and I am not sure I know enough about how to handle bed bugs to avoid spreading them, if I was dealing with them outside of jars.

You said,

So you won't lift a finger to exert any of your very considerable, justly-earned influence to help me get bugs or even help me find *someone who would accept my materials* as I've proposed, to put bugs into, thus eliminating the need to even send me bugs.

I am sorry, but I won't lobby others to help you get bugs to test, because I am not sure that's a good idea. (Again, my primary concerns are about your experience in doing lab research with bed bugs, rather than anything sinister.)

I'm also not in a position to evaluate the tests you want to do, and I don't feel I'm in a position to lobby researchers to put your plans into motion as you propose.

13. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Mar 28 2011 22:00:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi nobugs,

One part of your position makes perfect sense of course: even if you can be confident I have only the best intentions as to what I'll do with bugs if I find someone willing to send me some, you don't know and can't be assured whether I'm qualified to competently handle bugs.

But the other part of your position does, I admit, still baffle me: why would you not wish to assist me, or anyone else for that matter, in finding one or more reputable reliable researchers to whom I can send already-completely-fabricated sets of experimental materials, all purchased and put together and ready for business, needing the researchers only to *put bugs in and then observe and report what happens*?

The researchers wouldn't have to spend any money or, really, do any work at all. They'd receive everything ready-made. All they would do is put bugs in and then watch and report results by posting here on bedbugger.com.

(Important to post because even negative results can save someone else wasted time trying avenues that have already failed.)

No one unqualified would receive bugs. No bugs would even need to be shipped. The only thing shipped would be the perfectly safe bug-free experimental materials.

Therefore may I throw down a certain gauntlet here .

Would you consider:

(a) reaffirming your policy that you permit no one on bedbugger.com (unless they have university or etc. affiliation) to ask anyone to send them bugs; but

(b) making a new policy that you do permit, and indeed *encourage*, anyone on bedbugger.com to ask qualified persons to receive experimental materials already assembled into which to put bugs; and also

(c) making it part of the new policy that you encourage such qualified persons to participate in this.

This would comprise, I believe, bedbugger.com performing an important public service encouraging "let all flowers bloom" in research to find ways to beat the pests.

Do we think only established researchers with fancy academic credentials and labs can possibly be the ones to think up the next bed bug breakthrough?

Do I need to point out the annals of science and progress are loaded with instances of "somebody from nowhere" who comes in and proposes a new approach that gets dismissed at first as off-the-wall, but then revolutionizes the field?

If some non-academic person sends materials to an established entomologist, expert, or professional who works with bugs regularly, maybe the particular experiment won't pan out but the professional will think hey, that gives me an idea in some related fashion, and/or some inkling of how to improve the experimental design. So then the researcher takes the breakthrough to fruition, half credit going to the person with the germ of the original idea and experiment.

Because the person who develops the original experimental concept would have to actually outlay funds of their own and do significant work putting together the experiment and then boxing it up and shipping it, this would severely discourage trolls and dilettantes, don't you agree.

Sure, if you accept this challenge and make it bedbugger.com policy to spur "everybody out there" to put their minds to figuring out new ways to beat bed bugs, this might help 50 or 100 experiments happen from which maybe 0 (zero) to will lead to new advances.

But what if only *1 (one)* of those 50 or 100 experiments leads to a new advance, and what if it's an important advance that never would have happened if some non-academic person had had a "crazy" idea but couldn't test it because they didn't have any bugs to try it on?

Since it would be something so easy for researchers providing the bugs to participate in, doesn't it behoove bedbugger.com to serve as a catalyst this way? Does anyone have anything whatsoever to lose by this?

Note I'm not saying just help *me* find researchers willing to receive materials I send to them, I'm saying help *anyone* do that.

Announce it as a bedbugger.com priority initiative with a new sticky of its own and blog write-up of its own, to actively promote possible new progress in this way.

14. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Mar 28 2011 23:37:26
    #

Login to Send PM

jrbtnyc -

Why don't you just feed your bugs?

15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 0:00:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi jrbtnyc,

(b) Would you consider: ... making a new policy that you do permit, and indeed *encourage*, anyone on bedbugger.com to ask qualified persons to receive experimental materials already assembled into which to put bugs; and also

I have not forbidden you to ask qualified researchers to receive your materials. I have not even discouraged you from doing so.

I have done two things: (1) asked you not to solicit bed bugs (in accordance with the policy of not offering or requesting bed bugs on the forums except for requests by qualified researchers under certain circumstances with advance admin approval), and (2) asked you not to propose experimental ideas as solutions for readers to implement (in some cases, this is implied by their being presented or described on threads where someone asks for help of various kind).

I have simply said that I cannot actively lobby people to accept your experiment ideas and materials.

Not only am I not qualified to discern which have merit, but I don't have the time or energy to take this on as a project. Running the site takes quite a bit of time behind the scenes as well as what you see.

It's worth noting that bed bug experts are all quite busy with the research programs they have in place and it may be difficult for them to take on additional projects.

(c) Would you consider: ... making it part of the new policy that you encourage such qualified persons to participate in this.

I have not discouraged any qualified researchers from participating in your experiments. If qualified entomologists find one of your ideas to be worthy of laboratory or field testing, I would of course encourage them to test it.

This is not the same as saying that every design you propose should be tested.

I have encouraged you to share your ideas for feedback from experts. In some cases, I will note that you have been resistant to that feedback.

I do want to note, once again, that I appreciate your enthusiasm for finding possible solutions for bed bugs.

16. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 1:34:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Supercalifragilistidexpialidocious - 1 hour ago  » 
    jrbtnyc -
    Why don't you just feed your bugs?

The way evolution works, sooner or later some disease-causing bacterium or virus or what-have-you *will* figure out how to ride the bugs to get to us.

We don't know whether that will happen a million years from now or next week.

However, intercontinental jet travel could help the "sooner" win out over the "later".

My hat is off to those who do elect to take the chance of feeding bed bug colonies, to the betterment of our knowledge about bugs and research into ways to defeat them.

If the bugs they feed are descendants of bugs who had already fed on humans prior to captivity and those humans never got sick, and the bugs are now in a closed system where no new unvetted bugs come in, then that might be fairly safe for the bugfeeders.

But I'll admit it's a whole province which I, personally, do not wish to visit.

Besides which, my impression is most of the bugfeeders hardly react at all, whereas I know I react quite strongly and would get quite beat up feeding even just two or three bugs much less a whole jarful.

17. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 4:15:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have encouraged you to share your ideas for feedback from experts. In some cases, I will note that you have been resistant to that feedback.

It seems to me inapplicable to say I've been "resistant" to certain feedback when, if you go back and review, I think you'll see what I was "resistant" to was feedback saying "jrbtnyc your such-and-such idea will never work" without ever articulating any specific mechanism whatsoever WHY it won't work.

It seems to me that kind of feedback, which I am urged to accept merely on someone's say-so even though it's devoid of analysis beyond, in effect, "the reason is because", does not shed any light on the topic and so, respectfully, that's why I've been "resistant" to it.

In such instances I would be sincerely grateful to know WHY my idea won't work if someone who's a veteran of the field, which I'm not, knows an actual reason or reasons and will help me out by taking the trouble to provide an insightful explanation, because I certainly don't wish to "re-invent a square wheel".

Nobugsonme - 3 hours ago  » 
    I do want to note, once again, that I appreciate your enthusiasm for finding possible solutions for bed bugs.

Thanks for the kind word and thanks for the opportunity on this thread of airing both sides of the issue as we've been doing.

18. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 9:05:02
    #

Login to Send PM

P.S. Thanks also to everyone who has posted comments here on bedbugger.com about any of my proposals, and for other posts they do here advising bed bug sufferers in general, since I know those persons are busy busy busy and don't get paid for their time devoted to this forum.

19. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 12:35:35
    #

Login to Send PM

jrbtnyc - 8 hours ago  » 

It seems to me inapplicable to say I've been "resistant" to certain feedback when, if you go back and review, I think you'll see what I was "resistant" to was feedback saying "jrbtnyc your such-and-such idea will never work" without ever articulating any specific mechanism whatsoever WHY it won't work.
    It seems to me that kind of feedback, which I am urged to accept merely on someone's say-so even though it's devoid of analysis beyond, in effect, "the reason is because", does not shed any light on the topic and so, respectfully, that's why I've been "resistant" to it.

I do see specific reasons being given in this thread, by David Cain and Doug Summers, for example, and in this post more recently by David. There are other examples, but I do not have time to dig them up.

I am not going to argue further about whether you have been given enough reasons or not.

20. dottie

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jun 12 2011 10:30:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed Bug Samples. Sounds like a country rapper.

21. ohgawdmyarms

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 21:54:47
    #

Login to Send PM

i cant even see why anyone would even want a bed bug sample aside from a reasearch study for lol

22. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 18 2011 15:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

ohgawdmyarms - 4 days ago  » 
    i cant even see why anyone would even want a bed bug sample aside from a reasearch study for lol

They make great pets as long as you keep them int he jar and don't feed them after midnight.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  23. MsLadybug

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 14:06:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Those of us that have bed bug detection dogs NEED live bed bugs to train our dogs with daily. It's a nasty necessity of the industry. Keeping and caring for a bed bug farm is no fun. When I get called out to an inspection I always have an empty vial in my pocket so when my dog alerts, I go into flashlight search mode and round em up. They are much easier to find if they have eaten though. I got a great tip from another detection agency about how to move bedbugs from one container to another (I had been using long tweezers but I worried about squishing them) Just put a wooden skewer next to the bug you want to pick up, they jump on and take a ride to their new home. Works like a charm!

24. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 17:25:36
    #

Login to Send PM

MsLadybug - 3 hours ago  » 
    Those of us that have bed bug detection dogs NEED live bed bugs to train our dogs with daily. It's a nasty necessity of the industry. Keeping and caring for a bed bug farm is no fun. When I get called out to an inspection I always have an empty vial in my pocket so when my dog alerts, I go into flashlight search mode and round em up.

I understand that, but you're missing the point of this thread.

People used to ask for bugs here -- and those supplying them would have no way of knowing if they were sending them to a legitimate k9 handler, an amateur "researcher" without the set-up and skill to handle them properly and prevent their spread, or even a person who wanted to use them for nefarious purposes.

We hear there's a market for purchasing bugs, for k9 handlers and others who need them, but can't obtain them as you describe.

25. BBFSTyler

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2011 8:03:15
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 weeks ago  » 
    They make great pets as long as you keep them int he jar and don't feed them after midnight.
    David

The first time I see a bed bug with a mohawk I am checking out and moving to Mars.

26. ShelaghDB

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Apr 26 2012 0:06:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I would personally assume that most requests are legitimate. As far as one person might be concerned with nefarious purposes, if he/she is really determined to cause harm to someone, your preventing them from getting bed bugs aren't going to stop him. He will find something else,

Personally I tend to believe this is slight paranoia with some of you, after reading some of the answers here.

I don't believe I have bed bugs but if and when I might, I'd offer all of my bedbugs up for anyone that can research on them only too happily. LOL

The price of research or even if it just someone that wants them to feed their own herd of them, far outweighs the rare very small chance that someone will do something "nefarious" with them.

Of course i understand the person who set that rule runs this forum therefore it is his perogative as to which rules he applies but to the hoers, come on........relax a bit.......we are not talking Bed Bug Queda

27. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Apr 26 2012 3:03:33
    #

Login to Send PM

ShelaghDB - 2 hours ago  » 

I don't believe I have bed bugs but if and when I might, I'd offer all of my bedbugs up for anyone that can research on them only too happily.

As stated above, the rule does not apply to people who are undertaking actual research studies.

We don't have a lot of rules here, and I try not to mplement them without good reason. I'm not the paranoid type. This rule was only implemented after the requests became more common.

There have actually been cases in the news where bed bugs were thought to have been left in a public location as a form of sabotage. If I recall correctly, a guy on Craigslist also solicited samples as he wanted to send some to his ex. That may be a funny joke, but for some folks, it's something they would do.

However, I was also troubled by the fact that bed bugs sell for dollars each on the open market for people who need them for legitimate business purposes, and I don't think it's cool if people who resell them are "gathering" them from sources who think they're donating them to help researchers, when they're actually going to a for-profit entity. I think dog handlers who charge $250 a pop can pay for bed bugs with which to train their dogs. And before you ask, no, we can't really be a clearinghouse for people to sell them.

In addition, there's this issue of people not knowing how to package them safely for travel and the potential for liability.

I hope that clarifies things.

28. bittenbitter

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 2:59:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I am in FULL agreement with nobugs on this one. I have seen people do such nasty things to one another out of hate, and intentionally infesting someone and somewhere would cause emotional devestation beyond compare. Admittedly, this has literally been the worst summer of my life. I think it is very responsible of nobugs to deny general access through this forum to these nasty insects, and very generous to still allow access to legitimate researchers, especially when he?\she? has an entire forum to run and could just not look into anyone at all. So, there it is...

Lol, and I'm also in agreement with BBFSTyler!

29. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 22:57:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, bittenbitter! (I'm a she.)

30. doofenshmertz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 31 2013 13:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Even tho this post in a bit older..I totally agree with nobugs and bittenbitter. There are mean and spiteful people out there, who probably wouldn't even think twice about giving someone they didn't like or were having a disagreement with, an infestation.

Like when my kids ask me.."how come we can't do such and such anymore and we used to be able to?" My answer is always the same. "Those few rotten apples in that barrel always ruin things for everyone else."

It's those rotten apples that nobugs is worried about. The result is, even if you are totally honest and trustworthy in what you want to do...it's those rotten apples that have ruined things. As with other things, not just bbs, it's no for everyone.....basically.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991