Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

New member: Texas lease, Low-income/HUD housing, disabled questions

(3 posts)
  1. donehad

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 11:13:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I made my first post here a few days ago but did't get a reply, perhaps because the title wasn't descriptive enough. I'm almost certain I have bb's. I've been delaying by 4-5 days reporting but just did.

Texas has the Texas Apartment Association and asks for you to sign a Bed Bug Addendum placing responsibility on the tenant for payment, requiring also to discard all possessions that can't be laundered. I can't find anybody who has been required to discard everything they own, just some bedding if asked.

Don't know if this unit is going to be treated differently because it's part of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. Earlier guidance from HUD so no, can not charge tenant. Newer guidance ruling from 2015 says yes you can.

Making things more complicated, I'm very limited in how much I can move things to prepare for treatment. I hurt my back lifting up my foundation to look under it, still hurts a lot 5 days later. There's quite a bit of clutter, and just too much stuff, and no real help to deal with it all.

I'm also late renewing my lease, which is up in about a month. I don't feel like I can continue to live alone, but can't move either while infected. Can't move without a lot of help either. Very stuck and unhappy.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 11:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm still unsure what you're asking.
    You've provided a fair amount of information, but none detailing anything as to your bed bug infestation.

3. donehad

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Jan 14 2019 11:27:08
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 46 seconds ago  » 
    I'm still unsure what you're asking.
    You've provided a fair amount of information, but none detailing anything as to your bed bug infestation.

I did in my first post. Bites on me, my cats, blood signs on sheets. Fecal signs possibly. No casts or live ones found yet but haven't been able to look very well. No fleas. Bites aren't every day, but up 2 days between which means I guess this is early.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,692 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82