New Jersey - Need help with good PCO.

(13 posts)
  1. NJBB

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 15:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - this is this first time posting on here. Just found the forum today after another sleepless night!! I believe I have the them and also believe that they came from the Apartment dowstairs. To get to the point, I notified the Mgmt company and I was surprised that they are willing to treat the problem. I elected to get estimates and hand over the information since the Mgmt company is in CA and local here in Jersey. Does anyone know of a good PCO's in the New Jersey area close to NYC?? I want to get moving on this ASAP!!

Thanks!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 15:53:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you look here for other discussions?
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/tags/nj

You can get there by clicking the NJ tag above right.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 16:26:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard Cooper is a bed bug warrior and has a PCO business. Never used him but he has been all over the news. They have a website.

4. NJBB

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 16:42:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Nobugsonme and lieutenantdan! Didn't think I would get such a quick reply!!

5. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 8:11:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I concur with Lt. Dan, Cooper Pest Solutions 609-799-1300

6. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 9:31:00
    #

Login to Send PM

NJBB,
    Please keep us informed on your War.

7. NJBB

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 11:54:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, after being on the computer most of the day yesterday, I came up with a list of PCO's to start calling....I called Cooper Pest Solutions and it's $95.00 to come out and inspect first, they would not give any other estimates over the phone & this would have to be done by Managment company....ugh! my Mgmt compnay is in CA! My building consists of Two 2 bed rm apts, me being on the top floor and then the studio/storfront on the bottom floor. I mentioned to my Mgmt company that I feel both apartments should be inspected, but now I am thinking its better that all three get inspected and treated. Since I am the one who initiated this and has been obessed, I said I would be more than happy to do the leg work and give my Mgmt company the estimates since they will be paying for this.

I also called another company which I found in the forums which uses a K-9 to come and inspect, they would do three treatments, with residual and dust on the first treatment, 2nd treatment they would come back with steam & vacumming and the 3rd treatment they would come back with the the K-9 and treated specific areas. She also said we would get a 60 day warranty. After 60 days they said if we still have the BB that they would come out at no extra charge. They gave me a quote of $275 for the dog which if they find an infestion that charge would go toward the eradication. Then it would be 650-1300 for the 2 bed apts depending on the infestation. Oh, and prior to the 1st treatment we would have to purchase the mattress encasments. Does that soud about right?

The other company I called uses Cryonite. They would do two treatments only in the bedrooms and living room. Of course a little more expensive.....Did not find any positive reviews for the new service, so not sure if I want to submit this to the Mgmt Company. That last company I just called would come out for a free inspection but they give no estimates over the phone. Said it would depend on the what the tech finds!!

So now I am at a brick wall. Not sure who else to call?? Anymore suggestions? I want to start this like yesterday!!

Thanks!

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 12:35:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Some users of the forum have discussed their experiences with Cryonite. Click the word cryonite in the tags at top right to see them.

I would concur with others that Cooper is a highly respected company.

9. NJBB

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 13:11:00
    #

Login to Send PM

spoke to two more PCO's 1 of them said they do 4 treatments with a 6 month warranty! the price includes mattress incasements for 1 bedroom. They use Phamtom, genatrol(not sure of the spelling) and dust. After the 1st treatment they will come back 3-4 weeks later. they do the vacumming and steaming as well as the pestisides I mentioned. The othe PCO I just spoke to has a 90 day warranty, they use Demand CS, exciter, Phamtom and Bedlham...steaming they said extra. They said they stop using gentrol beacuse it multiplies the eggs. any inormation on that? They said they would also do the hallways. Any thoughts?

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 13:17:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Per the FAQs, follow-ups really do need to be done by about 2 weeks, according to most sources. I think it is hard to get rid of bed bugs with follow-ups at 3-4 weeks. The eggs hatch within 10-14 days. I believe they multiply fastest in warmer, more humid conditions.

11. NJBB

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 13:21:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I would agree.

12. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jun 24 2008 15:17:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Gentrol talks happened a year or so ago, it seems like a mixed bag on that one depending on who you talk to.

13. bugsy bunny

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 13:58:17
    #

Login to Send PM

NJBB,

who did you go with and how did it work out? my neighbors have bed bugs and i am afraid they will spread to my apartment. I am unsure of what PCO they are using at this point.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956