(8 posts)
  1. NikkiSixx126

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 17:43:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

I recently joined the site a few days ago but honestly, I've been stalking y'all for months!

I have bbs. Not a new infestation that I just discovered, I've had them for approximately 6 months.

I've tried everything humanly possible, without hiring a PCO, who has since came out, inspected, gave me a whole house estimate. He is now waiting on me to get my house prepared for the impending deaths that will occur.

Let's go back about six months.

My teen aged daughter told me one day that she thinks she might have bedbugs but didn't know what they looked like. She showed me her arms where she looked like she had meth sores (TBH). She told me she no longer felt comfortable wearing short sleeves. I go to her room and look at her mattress. There where bugs all along the rope type edge and what looked like mold spots. I asked her what made her think they were bbs. She said that her best friend had them at her house. You can imagine how HAPPY I was to hear that she had been visiting and staying the night somewhere that had them and NO ONE bothered to warn me. I was pissed to say the least. I quickly start my internet research. I took pictures of the bugs and found out that they were indeed bbs. I go to the local feed supply store and was able to find DE. I get all my research done, and made purchases so SHE can start treating her room. She is 18, she brought them in, no reason for her not to do things herself. Unfortunately this thinking was my downfall. Instead of making her do it, I should have just done it myself and maybe....just maybe I wouldn't been in my current situation. But what's done is done. I told her all my research, I told her to clean out the clutter in her room. Go through her clothes, toss the ones she doesn't want and wash and dry the rest, making sure the dryer is on the highest setting. She cleaned her room out, that is what she told me. She told me she used the DE as I told her to use it. She told me things were getting better in there.

Fast forward to May.....She graduates HS. She leaves home and doesn't come back for a week. She comes back to inform me she is just getting some more of her clothes. Basically telling me that she is moving out because she can't sleep in her room because of the bbs. She's tired of sleeping on our crappy couch. I'm all like OKAYYYYYY, you realize your taking your problems to someone else's home right?? I said you're not even sticking your clothes in the dryer.....You better tell the boy you're staying with that you have bedbugs! BLAH

I start getting bit during the night in my room (which is right next to hers) I start taking steps to kill them in my room. I already have mattress protectors on my mattress and box springs, which is great to see where they were at! I find them all around my bed. Needless to say I freak out. I have a younger child that sleeps with me and he has bites all over his body (no judgement please on co-sleeping) I realize that I have to get serious about this. My youngest child's father and I have been split up for years now and he goes between both houses. OMG what if he somehow carried them to my ex's house...will the spreading ever stop???

I had to tell my ex what is going on. It's the responsible thing to do. I assure him that I will do everything humanly possible to keep my son from taking them to his house. I tell him about drying his clothing in the dryer (including his shoes) so that none will be crawling on him. I do this right before he walks out the door. He's not allowed to take anything back and forth, no games NOTHING. just his body.

This is when my personal hell begins. I call last week to see when I can pick him up. I am working overnights so he sleeps at his dads on the nights I work. I was told that he isn't allowed to come back to my home. Needless to say I have a come-apart. Never in my life have any of my children been kept from me. I've been a single mother for most of all my children's lives. I have a 19, 18, and soon to be 12 year old. I'm not looking to start this now. Fortunately I was able to get my son, after crying, begging, and pleading that I am doing everything HUMANLY possible to get rid of the bbs.

In the 18 year old's room, that she has abandoned. I walk in to start treating (because she literally did nothing) I can visually see bbs crawling all over everything. I want to puke. She crammed all her clutter into her closet. She didn't clean a damn thing. She lied. A friend, who was willing to be around the bbs came over and we completely gutted the room, only leaving the four walls up. We threw out all funiture, bedding, etc. We even tore up the carpet and padding. The only thing I am hoping to save from the room is her bed frame, a frame her father and I spent over $600 bucks on 2 years ago. I had my sister and brother-in-law come up from Texas with their trailer and we hauled everything to the dump. My BIL set the frame up on pallets and wrapped it in plastic. (The PCO told me that anything from the room has to be treated before coming back in the home. I'm hoping it can be saved but refuse to shed anymore tears over material things because of this infestation!)

This is what prompted my call to a PCO. I live in small town America, in the heart of the nation. I don't have the big exterminators at my disposal. The closest one has to drive over a hour to get here. I check out the local guys and find one with really good results for killing the bbs. He came out and did a whole house estimate. $1200 for the whole house, but I have to empty all the furniture and closets. He told me about drying everything that could stand being in the dryer. He said bag it all take it to the laundry mat, and get it all done at once, then place it in new bags.

I have so much work ahead of me, on top of working my full time job. My friend will come and help me on my days off and my sister is willing to help on the weekends, just not every weekend, which I totally get because everyone needs to enjoy some days off.

On a good note. I totally cleaned my bedroom, got out all the clutter, treated my bed with DE and rubbing alcohol to kill any live ones! I haven't gotten any new bites in 3 days, which makes me very happy. It's beginning to be really hot and wearing long sleeves because of the bites makes me look weird and very very hot LOL. I check my bed every day before I go to sleep. I have a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol that I keep on my nightstand to kill any I see moving around.

I freak out when I see something moving. I got out of the bathtub 3 times one night to kill what I thought were bbs on the wall, turned out to be nail holes....I'm going insane at this point.

Bright side. My house is getting a thorough spring cleaning. Not keeping anything that I don't need or want. The bbs have decreased significantly since gutting the epicenter bedroom.

Any advice from the group on what else I can be doing before the PCO comes out? I have quiet a bit of work to do before he can come out. He said if he had to take things from the closets and such that it would cost more than the $1200 he quoted me, he said that all depends if I put the work in, which I am, it's just going soooo slow because it's just me packing things up at this point. But I'll have help this coming week from my friend who is willing to come into the home.

Thanks for reading, I know this is long and probably doesn't make since...but hey...I'm fried man!

2. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 21:44:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have any advice for you since this is still so new to me. All I can really say is I can't wait until this is all a memory. I don't wish bb on anyone! Good luck!

3. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 22:37:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds to me your doing everything right.But instead of using the DE you need to go buy Cimexa powder.It kills bed bugs on the spot...DE doesn't kill them right away..I'm also going through bed bugs for the second time....Ive had 3 heat treatments that have costed me $6,600...I'm disabled and my hubby is the only one working right now.We can barely afford to pay our bills let alone all this stuff.I am so scared of bed bugs it isn't funny.The first time I had them I refused to sleep in My house.I slept outside in a tent in the winter.it was 20 degrees outside.I had a heater in the tent with me which barely worked.This is the worst crap I have ever been through in my life.Make sure whatever can't be treated and you take out of the house isnt brought back in without really looking at it and cleaning it.The bug guy should be able to give you strips to put in your bags that will kill the bugs.

4. NikkiSixx126

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 22:37:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't wish bbs on my worst enemy. EVER.

5. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 22:40:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Plus you can't let your daughter bring anything back in the house cause more than likely she has infested the new place she is staying too.Make her strip all her clothes off outside and put everything in a bag and be careful carrying to the washer.Make sure you dont drop anything and watch for bugs to drop too.Wash and dry her clothes and shoes..If you can't do her shoes then I would spray alcohol in them and keep them outside far away from the house.

6. NikkiSixx126

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 4 2017 22:40:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm just reading about Cimexa, I'll have to drive around and see if they have it around here, again I'm in a small town. I'm hoping the local feed store will have it! That way I'm not making another out of town trip, but I'll do whatever I need to!!

7. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 5:52:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Get the Cimexa on Amazon, you probably won't find it in a local store.

8. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 5:52:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Oops, duplicate post

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE