New "Download Our Toolbar" button

(4 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2014 17:02:01
    #

Login to Send PM

The Download Our Toolbar button is a little generic (and therefore unfortunately a bit creepy looking IMO) button at top right under the black buttons will allow you to download the new Bedbugger Toolbar, powered by Alexa.

It only works on Firefox (Mac/Win), Chrome (Win) or IE (Win; earlier versions of IE are not recommended for the forums, by the way). That's not my fault, but Alexa's. However, if you have one of these browsers, what it does is install a toolbar at the top of your browser with links to the forums, a Bedbugger search box, RSS feeds for the blog and forums, among others.

The RSS feed is especially handy. It only shows one recent post (and not always the single most recent one, but one of the last few) but is also a dropdown so you can quickly glance and see if threads you're watching were updated, or if something else sounds interesting.

Obviously, this is for people who spend a lot of time here (you know who you are) whether that's for a few weeks or whether you've become a Bedbugger institution in your own right. However, it may be a nice thing for those folks to have.

Incidentally, if you use a different browser or are on a phone, you can use the forum's RSS feed to do something similar. The feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/bedbuggerforums

(And the blog feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/bedbugger).

The button takes you to a download from Alexa (hosted at Amazon) which is a well-known internet company so you can be assured that this should be a safe download.

2. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2014 17:56:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank-you for this useful info Nobugs

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2014 18:12:53
    #

Login to Send PM

You're welcome!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Mar 3 2014 23:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

If anyone ends up using this besides me, please let me know what you think! Thanks.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996