Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

new bites after treatment when will the all the nymph die

(7 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 9:48:19
    #

Login to Send PM

i just got my third treatment 5 days ago on monday (i re-infested myself, too long of a "you dummy" story to retype) and on friday i woke up with 2 bites and this morning i was awaken from a deep sleep and felt something on my leg and it was a nymph.........the pco guy told me not to steam clean my floors for 2 weeks my question is why am i still getting bit !!! i threw my sofa and bed out 2 weels agp and now i sleep on my son's bottom bunk (he is not getting bit and he does have reactions to them so they are just coming after me), is it the eggs that are hatching and will they eventually all die??? i just want my life back and i need to know is this normal and should i get a forth treatment?

2. awakened

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 13:37:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you reinfest yourself after the second treatment? If so, I would think you could need an additional treatment if the reinfestation involved egg-laying adults, since you need the hatching nymphs to be killed in a follow-up. If you mean you reinfested yourself and then started with treatment 1, from what I've read, 3 treatments is usually enough. However, there can be exceptions; for example, when the bed is treated in the first PCO visit and not subsequently, but it turns out that a couple survived or reinfested the bed, in which case follow-up treatments may be ineffective since the bed-dwelling bugs never need to expose themselves to the insecticides elsewhere.

3. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 17:03:41
    #

Login to Send PM

i reinfested myself after the second treatment (i had a pillow in a case than i had another in a case and both of them in one case and all i did was put it all in the dryer and of course the little so and so's or the eggs didnt die but i tossed it all out...........and my son's room never had them until i got there) and so i needed a 3rd treatment and for 4 days no bites until yesterday..................and i dont have to pay for the treatments but i just want to know will this all end.............i havent seen any adult bugs but i did find a clear one on my leg this morning........................i havent took anything out of the garbage bags and all my draws are empty still and my son and i have not had any company over or we havent visited any relatives in fear of someone getting this problem. so is there light at the end of this bed bug tunnel? will a forth treatment finally kill them?

thanks

4. awakened

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 19:20:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Again, I'm not an expert, but it seems clear you need a fourth treatment, and you need it before the nymphs mature and start mating. If you currently no longer have any egg-laying adults, hopefully the next treatment will get rid of the last few nymphs.

5. BuggerBeater

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 20:31:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I got 2 treatments. After the first, all I saw were nymphs so the second treatment with a long residual seems to have wiped them out. I'm on day 5 with no sightings, though because I no reaction to bites I'm not fully confident yet.

I can tell you that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong and keep persistent and you'll defeat this.

6. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 7:57:11
    #

Login to Send PM

awakened - 12 hours ago  » 
    Again, I'm not an expert, but it seems clear you need a fourth treatment, and you need it before the nymphs mature and start mating. If you currently no longer have any egg-laying adults, hopefully the next treatment will get rid of the last few nymphs.

Thank you so much it makes me fell so much better knowing that this will ends soon.

7. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 8:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggerBeater - 11 hours ago  » 
    I got 2 treatments. After the first, all I saw were nymphs so the second treatment with a long residual seems to have wiped them out. I'm on day 5 with no sightings, though because I no reaction to bites I'm not fully confident yet.
    I can tell you that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong and keep persistent and you'll defeat this.

Thank you for your encouragement and i think you have to be 55 days clear of anything before you can claim victory..............and i will be getting a second treatment and my fingers are crossed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999